tea thread

the playing mantis
the playing mantis Posts: 2,129
edited January 2014 in The cake stop
Tea

Comments

• -spider-
    -spider- Posts: 2,548
    Sure. I only ever have dinner on special occasions.

-Spider-
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Green tea. My body's a temple.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Beer.jpg
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    Should be made from tea, none of this herbal / minty / fruity sh17.

Joke told to me by a mate of mine:

Q: how can you tell what class someone is?
    A: ask them "What's your favourite tea?". If they answer "Darjeeling (etc)", they're upper class; if it's "PG Tips", middle class. If it's "Pie 'n' chips", then they're working class :D

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    Milk in first or last?
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Warm the pot
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,640
    PG any time of the day, all day. Best in the pot, milk last. Brew like you're in the army or NHS.
    I drink at least a pint of it a day.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    A pint? Lightweight!
  • eric_draven
    eric_draven Posts: 1,192
    Yorkshire Tea -- the only way to go,tea is not tea unless you can stand a spoon up in it
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Repeating a line from Rubbertoes tea thread:

Karl Marx only drank herbal tea

He said that proper tea is theft.
  • mrfpb wrote:
    Repeating a line from Rubbertoes tea thread:

Karl Marx only drank herbal tea

He said that proper tea is theft.

Taxi!!

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • buckles
    buckles Posts: 694
    Loose leaf tea in a preheated teapot

3-5 min brew

Milk in the cup first
    25% off your first MyProtein order: sign up via https://www.myprotein.com/referrals.lis ... EE-R29Y&li or use my referral code LEE-R29Y
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    T up

Brooke dahling

http://youtu.be/8AeTZ4-wLXk

Couldn't even shift it

http://youtu.be/z7Bvd33V9dQ
  • awallace
    awallace Posts: 191
    I prefer Asian tea to African tea, the latter is quite earthy. My favourite tea when I want a nice cup is currently is Nepalese Himalayan Mountain Tea. So delicate. Although normally I drink the tea bags at work. They would be ok if it wasn't for the urn the water comes from and the long life milk added to it. Oh and the mug still with the last persons drips....
  • mrfpb
    Currently enjoying Char Rooibos Gingerbread.( http://www.charteas.com/home/shop/product/1-18-143.html ) I'm in a Christmassy mood, we put the tree up today. And I may have drifted from my working class roots.
  • florerider
    is gingerbread cake?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,088
    florerider wrote:
    is gingerbread cake?

Wrong thread.

Tick tock Roibos is the only non-tea tea I drink. Twinnings breakfast tea but not in Scotland 'cos the water is so diluted here. Much prefer tea in chalky areas like Eeeestbaaaaaaaaaaawn for example.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    florerider wrote:
    is gingerbread cake?

Wrong thread.

Tick tock Roibos is the only non-tea tea I drink. Twinnings breakfast tea but not in Scotland 'cos the water is so diluted here. Much prefer tea in chalky areas like Eeeestbaaaaaaaaaaawn for example.
    Eeeeestbaaaaaaawn, land of the dead. Watch out for coach day. Great tea though.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • mrfpb
    florerider wrote:
    is gingerbread cake?

Unless it's a gingerbread man.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    No sugar in mine. Thanks.
  • secretsam
    "Warming the pot"? F*** me, it's not 1943. Unless your pot is made of bone china, this is unecessary.

If making a pot of tea, made it all up in the pot - tea, milk, sweetening material of choice. I can do this 'cos I'm the only one in the house who drinks tea.

And Yorkshire tea, like the rest of Yorkshire, is over-rated.

• RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    SecretSam wrote:
    "If making a pot of tea, made it all up in the pot - tea, milk, sweetening material of choice. I can do this 'cos I'm the only one in the house who drinks tea.

That sounds utterly revolting...
    A hideous crime against civilisation.
  • pinno
    Tea made in a pot is always better flavour than in a cup with a tea bag. The tradition has been lost because nobody has any time any more. We are always rushing about like headless chickens, chasing our own tales for no f*cking reason whatsoever. So if you think brewing tea in a pot (it does not have to be a China one, I don't own a China tea pot) is a posh, archaic thing, then that's fallacy. I remember most people brewing tea in a pot, rich or poor and I am not that old.
    So we could move this thread on to a philosophical debate about the dwindling cultures and traditions getting slowly lost in our societal rush towards heart attacks and death, with tea traditions being an acid test of British devolution.
  • secretsam
    Tea made in a pot is always better flavour than in a cup with a tea bag. The tradition has been lost because nobody has any time any more. We are always rushing about like headless chickens, chasing our own tales for no f*cking reason whatsoever. So if you think brewing tea in a pot (it does not have to be a China one, I don't own a China tea pot) is a posh, archaic thing, then that's fallacy. I remember most people brewing tea in a pot, rich or poor and I am not that old.
    So we could move this thread on to a philosophical debate about the dwindling cultures and traditions getting slowly lost in our societal rush towards heart attacks and death, with tea traditions being an acid test of British devolution.

Teabags as a metaphor for societal decline. Or possibly just @Pinarello001 talking Tommy Rollocks :lol:

• mrfpb
    SecretSam wrote:
    If making a pot of tea, made it all up in the pot - tea, milk, sweetening material of choice. I can do this 'cos I'm the only one in the house who drinks tea.

Popular method in India - ingredients put in cold and heated up on the stove. Tastes disgusting (just my opinion of course).

I make tea in the pot (stainless steel, pre warmed) and use a tea cosy. I do this because I drink so much of the stuff, about 15 mugs a day when I'm keeping score.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    earl grey if I'm making it myself, if a minion is making it - any type will do
  • pinno
    SecretSam wrote:

Teabags as a metaphor for societal decline. Or possibly just @Pinarello001 talking Tommy Rollocks :lol:

In time, in the distant future, you'll see. You will say to yourselves "That pinarello bloke talked a hell of a lot of sense. Pity there's none like him anymore.".
  • florerider
    In time, in the distant future, you'll see. You will say to yourselves "That pinarello bloke talked a hell of a lot of sense. Pity there's none like him anymore.".[/quote]

steady on the tea there mate, it seems to be having quite an effect
  • florerider
    Do you think we should make a nice cup of English tea for T47b? Maybe he needs something to entice him back.probably fed up with the Portugese stuff by now.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Hogs Back Brewery TEA as mentioned by Arran upthread is lovely, I had far too much of that on a few occasions. Failing that I don't go for any of the fancy teas or green teas just a proper mug of reasonably strong tea with milk and no sugar. If I'm at home and not dashing about from a pot, otherwise bag in a mug with some milk works for me.