Is the Kuota Kharma Ultega value for £2000

1964johnr
1964johnr Posts: 179
edited December 2013 in Road buying advice
I ride a Giant SCR 2 aluminium frame with Tiagra groupset and basic wheels which is now six years old. I want to buy something which will give me a noticably smoother ride and have a budget of £2000. I keep changing my mind, but am now looking at the Kuota Kharma from Epic cycles. I think this would give me a smoother ride due to carbon frame, better wheels and of course the ultegra groupset, but I am no expert on these things. Any advice as to the value for money on this machine and smoothness of ride would be appreciated.

Comments

• smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    The Kharma seems a great bike and the 2 owners in our club rate them highly.

Not sure the Ultegra is actually a feature that will make a smoother ride though.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    I have a Kharma, and it won't give you a smoother ride but it will give you a faster ride! If I want a smooth ride I'll take out the Ti bike.
  • arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    If you are planning to use Epic as your source then my advice would be to go along and have a look at all the bikes they have to offer (Cannondale, Scott, Look, Bianchi, Genesis as well as Kuota)

All responses suggest that they are an excellent retailer and will allow you to take a decent test ride (not just a ride around the car park) on any bike you are interested in.

And Ludlow is a hidden gem for great food so your day will be memorable for other reasons too

BTW I have no commercial links to them - just read several very complimentary posts
  • I am no expert either and my Kharma [105] was only my second 'good' [for me] bike so not a huge amount to compare it to.

I love the Kharma visually and find you can cruise or hammer it and it will be happy doing both. I like that you don't see many either.

Agree you should see it and others bikes at the same time to compare.

Not sure where you are but I got mind from Bridgetown Cycles - http://www.btownbikes.com/, ask for Mike, he did my bike fit also and knows his stuff, she should having a daughter that holds the World Record for a woman cycling from Lands End to John-O'-Groats [2 days 4 hr 45 min 11 sec!!]
    Kuota Kharma Race [Dry/Sunny]
    Raleigh Airlite 100 [Wet/Horrible]