Tomac xc carbide specs

gunny_bedford
gunny_bedford Posts: 347
edited December 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi
Hopefully I am picking up a carbide xc tomorrow :D I will eventually plan to upgrade some bits on it so my questions are
1. What's the seat post size?
2. What's the front mech size?
3. What length of rear mech cage does it need ? Currently running 2 x 10 slx

The bike is also currently running 120 mm Reba's from what I see it normally has 100mm any thoughts on should I change the forks back down to 100 mm ?
Thanks Neil

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I thought they had 80mm.
    Why not wait until tomorrow and see what it has.
    And worry about changing things that need improving - you can't do that until you've ridden it.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • It has a lay back post I pref in line so I know that needs changing and I have spare xt mechs that might fit which would be a bit better than the slx so all in all I know I want to change these without riding it.., regards
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Mech range depends on chainrings and cassette.
    Seatpost puts your bum where you need it so you can't really tell without sitting on it.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • thanks for the input most informative
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    He's right though. It's not as clear cut as "preferring" an line post really, depends on the bike.

You'll be fine with a GS (medium) cage mech, although SGS (long) will obviously also be fine, and SS may be, depending on your cassette and rings.

Front mech is probably 34.9, and it's going to have to be a down pull top swing by the looks of it.