Frame and Forks: Ribble PIsta (56 cm)
Headset: Ritchey Integrated

Hubs: Miche Primato Deep Flange
Spokes: DT Swiss Competition Black
Rims: Chinese 60 mm Carbon Tubular
Tubs: Vittoria Pista CS

Crank: Miche Primato
BB: Miche Primato
Chain Rings: Miche Primato 1/8" (47T, 49T and 50T)
Sprockets: Miche Primato 1/8" (14T, 15T, 16T)
Chain: Miche Track 1/8"

Handlebar: PRO Vibe 7s
Stem: PRO Vibe 7s
Bar Tape: Easton Cork
Seatpost PRO Vibe 7s
Saddle: Selle Italia SLR
Pedals: Shimano PD-R550 SPD-SL

Comments

• napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Looks great! I'm getting a new track bike this month and very undecided. This is the first one of these I've seen built up.
    How's it perform.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • schweiz
    schweiz Posts: 1,644
    I've not ridden with the tubs yet. I only finished building the wheels tonight they're not even glued on.

I've ridden it twice with the CXP 33/Vittoria Rubino Pro wheels off the Singlespeed and it was a very nice ride. Admittedly it's sized for me but I found the handling was more precise than the BMC TR02 hire bikes at the Grenchen velodrome (next to the BMC factory). I can nail it on the measurement line which I found difficult on each BMC that I rode (I tried both the M and the L and struggled as I was exactly between sizes and couldn't adjust the stock stem or bars).

With all the chain rings and sprockets, I built it up for a touch under CHF 1700. The BMC TR02 is CHF 3600 although it does have Dura Ace cranks and hubs. It'd be way over CHF 4000 by the time you got a selection of rings and sprockets.
  • napoleond
    Cheers. Just been pricing one up and I think I'd be better off price wise going for a Dolan Track Champ.

Keep us updated :)
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • schweiz
    It was between the Ribble and the Dolan for me. However, due to availability of components on the Dolan website it was cheaper and easier for me to buy the frame, fork, crank, bars, stem and seat pin from Ribble in one order to reduce import administration costs charged by Swiss Post. The rims were from China/Ebay and rest of the stuff was bought from Wiggle in multiple small orders to get it imported without import duty (orders under about £40 attract no Swiss VAT and postal admin charges).

I'll be on the track next Thursday. I'll let you know how the new tubs fare.
  • napoleond
    Good skills! :)

Looking forward to the report.
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • out of interest do you have an ebay link for the wheels that you bought?
  • schweiz
    w.jenkins wrote:
    out of interest do you have an ebay link for the wheels that you bought?

The seller was A_baygoods. I only bought the rims but I think he does complete wheels too.
  • schweiz
    I rode with the new wheels for the first time last night. They are as good as expected and rolled very well. There is a small hop in the front wheel from the tub (not at the valve though!) but it's not noticable when riding. There is however something rattling around in the rim, most probably a lump of excess resin that's broken off. I'd check but I can't be bothered pulling off the tub and as it doesn't make any noise when riding, it's not going to annoy me.

For the record, as described/pictured, the weight is 7.5 kg. Also I noticed last night that the seatpost had slipped about 1 cm. I've adjusted it and tightened up the clamp. If it still slips, I'll use some fiberstop (even though it's alu on alu).
  • napoleond
    Apparently the similarly designed clamp on the Dolan Track champ has the same slippage issue.
    ABCC Cycling Coach