Battery for commute light

gavbarron
gavbarron Posts: 824
edited December 2013 in Commuting general
Not sure if this is the best place but commuters are probably best placed to discuss lights.
I need a new light and charger for a light on my bike. Battery required is to replace a 4x18650 Li-On 8.4v 6400mAh Battery Pack. Can anyone recommend the best (cheapest) place to get it?
No eBay Chinese copies please, not convinced about the build quality of the batteries and chargers they sell and have seen too many go bang

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    They are nearly all built in China mind, it just depends on the actual one. What connector does it require?
  • Ouija
    Ouija Posts: 1,386
    Could always make your own with something likethis.....

$(KGrHqNHJCUFJYS06)1IBSYz)fqEJQ~~60_57.JPG
  • That's why I want to avoid cheap batteries, to reduce the chance of this happening. They make a hell of a bang when they go
  • flipp
    flipp Posts: 52
    have a look at li-po batteries ,I had the battery on my cree lamp give up and a friend who is into electrical stuff sorted one out for me ,on down side it uses a different charger .big plus the battery life has gone from around 3 hours to 20+ .not sure of cost as he gave both battery and charger as a present.
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    I've got the same packs as Ouija. I had originally made my own pack for some senybor batteries, but the packs above are waterproof. Come with a good bag and strap. You are looking at about 40 for the case and good batteries. Batterystation is one source of batteries, or Torchy !

Also worth investing in a smart charger as well. Your magicshine / T6 charger will work though.
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Why not just replace the existing batteries?

Check Torchy for more info than you ever wanted to know. He sells as Big_f_d_d on eBay and his service and advice is second to none.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • mabbo
    mabbo Posts: 117
    Ouija wrote:
    Could always make your own with something likethis.....

$(KGrHqNHJCUFJYS06)1IBSYz)fqEJQ~~60_57.JPG

Bet you wouldn't get that on a plane !!!!!!
  • You be amazed at what I've taken planes. Telling them you are an engineer seems to allow you to take all sorts of tools and equipment without much further investigation! Mildly concerning sometimes