Join me in TransPyrenees - 7 till 21 June 2014

LAGO
LAGO Posts: 8
edited January 2014 in MTB rides
Hi all!

My name is Luis, I'm 39 years old and I'm from Lisbon, Portugal.

I am passionate about nature and long cross-country journeys.

It's like becoming a kid again and live a big adventure. Getting my bike, my strictly needed luggage and leave towards a goal.

The less tar, the wilder, the better.

While still planning an adventure, I’m already living it. And, before reaching the end, I’m already dreaming about the next one.

I’ve already done several mountain biking and hiking long journeys in Portugal and Spain. With friends and alone. Guided by GPS and in full autonomy. Finding the best compromise between the lowest weight and volume and the highest comfort is an art.

I value sleeping in a comfortable accommodation and tasting, during dinner, the regional food and wine from the places I cross.

The TransPyrenees will be my 2nd adventure in 2014, from the 7th till the 21st of June.

We’ll ride on the South side of the ridge (Spanish side). It’s an incredible mountain biking cross-country adventure joining coast to coast. We start in the Eastern point of the Iberia Peninsula, Cap de Creus, next to Mediterranean Sea, and we head to the west, always very close to the central axis of the high massifs of the Pyrenees, finally arriving in Hondarribia, in the Atlantic Ocean coast.

1.000 km, split in 15 stages. GPS guided and in full autonomy.

A true physical and mental challenge, compensated by memorable scenery, far from everything, through remote and isolates areas, where we’ll be able to breath and feel a unique sense of peace and tranquility.

We’ll be passing through Cap de Creus, Cai-Moixeró, Alto Pirineo, Posets-Maladeta, Vales Ocidentales Natural Parks, as well as through Ordesa National Park, where we’ll appreciate breath taking views.

A true life time adventure.

I’d like to have company on this great journey, especially with people that share this same passion.

In case you’re interested in joining me in this life time adventure, just get in contact with me (luis.all.goncalves@gmail.com) and I will provide you more detailed information.

Cheers, Luís

Comments

• LAGO
    LAGO Posts: 8
    Hi all,

I leave you here my new blog (www.onthewildtrails.blogspot.pt), where I share information about my two new long-journey rides in mountain bike for 2014, as well as some videos of my past adventures.

The TransPyrenees or TransPirinaica in MTB will be my greatest adventures in full autonomy.

We’ll be crossing the Pyrenees through the South side of the ridge (the Spanish one), joining the 2 coasts. We’ll start in Mediterranean Sea coast and we’ll head to the west, till the Atlantic Ocean. It will be a tremendous physical and mental challenge, compensated by memorable scenery, far from everything, through remote and isolated areas. We’ll be passing through Cap de Creus, Cadí-Moixeró, Alt Pirineu, Posets-Maladeta, Valles Occidentales Natural Parks, as well as through Ordesa National Park, where we’ll appreciate breath taking views.

We’ll be staying is cozy hotels, hostels and country houses and we’ll have the opportunity to taste nice and different regional food.

In case, you’re interested in joining this epic adventure, just please get in contact with me.

Cheers, Luís