Join me in TransNorth Portugal - 26 April to 4th May 2014

LAGO
LAGO Posts: 8
edited February 2014 in MTB rides
Hi all!

My name is Luis, I'm 39 years old and I'm from Lisbon, Portugal.

I am passionate about nature and long cross-country journeys.

It's like becoming a kid again and live a big adventure. Getting my bike, my strictly needed luggage and leave towards a goal.

The less tar, the wilder, the better.

While still planning an adventure, I’m already living it. And, before reaching the end, I’m already dreaming about the next one.

I’ve already done several mountain biking and hiking long journeys in Portugal and Spain. With friends and alone. Guided by GPS and in full autonomy. Finding the best compromise between the lowest weight and volume and the highest comfort is an art.

I value sleeping in a comfortable accommodation and tasting, during dinner, the regional food and wine from the places I cross.

The TransNorth Portugal will be my 1st adventure that I'm organizing in 2014. It will be from the 26th of April till the 4th of May. It's a highly demanding adventure which starts in the small communitarian village of Rio de Onor, Northeast of Portugal, and heads west in the direction of the Atlantic Ocean, towards Caminha, the Northwestern point of Portugal.

An amazing mountain bike journey through the rocky wilderness of the north, meandering along the border with Spain. Pristine, untouched trails waiting to be explored.

600 km, split in 9 stages. GPS guided and in full autonomy.

We’ll stay in an excellent selection of hotels and rural housing.

We’ll get to know Montesinho Natural Park, Peneda Gerês National Park, Baixa Limia – Serra do Xurés Natural Park and the Protected Landscape of Corno de Bico.

Remote and wild places, with great natural beauty. Far from everything. Rich by its excellent food and its people’s kindness.

I’d like to share this adventure and form a group with people that share the same passion. I would be pleased to show you one of the most beautiful and remote region of Portugal.

In case you’re interested in joining me in this live time adventure, just get in contact with me (luis.all.goncalves@gmail.com) and I will provide you more detailed information.

Cheers, Luís

Comments

• LAGO
    Hi all,

I leave you here my new blog (www.onthewildtrails.blogspot.com), where I share information about my two new long-journey rides in mountain bike for 2014, as well as some videos of my past adventures.

The TransNorth Portugal will be a fantastic mountain biking trip in full autonomy, crossing one of the most remote and beautiful Portuguese regions. We'll cross 2 natural parks and 1 national park.

We’ll be staying is very pleasant hotels and country houses and we’ll have the opportunity to taste the fantastic regional cuisine from the North of Portugal.

In case, you’re interested in joining this amazing adventure, just please get in contact with me.

Cheers, Luís
  • LAGO
    Already 4 people confirmed in this great tour. If you want to discover one of the most beautiful and remote regions of Portugal and join a nice international group, just get in contact with me.