maintainence vids.

mike hunts alpine
mike hunts alpine Posts: 765
edited December 2013 in MTB general
Seen the bike radar vids on gear indexing etc and think they are really easy to follow and helpful.
Was sick of reading how to index gears as I couldn't make sense of it ( visual learner) found the video on YouTube and it took literally two minutes :D and was perfect crisp changes no jumping yay. :D
Also watched some other videos on hub servicing, park tools vids etc and it shocked me at how simple it is, just a case of having the tools and basic skills. Will help me with Looking after the bike and keeping it in Tip top condition. Plus and little niggles I'd be confident enough to fix myself.

Comments

• ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Yeah, took me ages to figure out how to index gears, it's one of those things you have to sit down and actually think about to figure out how it works in your head. Once you've got it, it's really simple!
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Matt-r8
    Matt-r8 Posts: 298
    Loads on the Hope site as well.
  • bennyy
    bennyy Posts: 141
    Mountain bike rider have a good channel too.
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    ilovedirt wrote:
    Yeah, took me ages to figure out how to index gears, it's one of those things you have to sit down and actually think about to figure out how it works in your head. Once you've got it, it's really simple!

I just use one of those Shimano sheets that comes with their stuff - tells you everything you need to know about drivetrains (assuming you have shimano!)
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • There are loads on you tube as well, shimano ones etc. I used that for fitting and stripping my XTR crabks.
    Advocate of disc brakes.