Well that was hard work..

chris_bass
chris_bass Posts: 4,913
edited December 2013 in Road general
35 miles to work all into the wind! probably the slowest i have cycled in years!

and more annoyingly its meant to die down by 6 when i leave so wont get the benefit on the way home!
www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes

Comments

• Gpfanuk
    Gpfanuk Posts: 142
    10k,12mph,45 degree lean angle.... not an easy ride this morning and now it's raining too! Ah well, a generous application of rules #5 and #9 should do the trick!
    Muddy Fox Hardtail Circa 1998
    Triban3
    Felt AR5
    ANC Halfords Peugeot (restored and ridden at Eroica 2015)
    A box of bits that will make a fine Harry Hall when I get round to it.
    Raleigh tandem of as yet unknown vintage - ongoing restoration for Eroica 2016
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    You really have to start thinking about options when the weather turns like this.

Safety is paramount and one gust and you are under a truck.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • chris_bass
    smidsy wrote:
    You really have to start thinking about options when the weather turns like this.

yeah, i know what you mean, my route doesnt really take me near too many heavy traffic areas and hadn't realised quite how windy it was until i set off.
  • It was difficult enough walking at lunchtime, wouldn't have liked to have been cycling :(
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Chris Bass wrote:
    smidsy wrote:

yeah, i know what you mean, my route doesnt really take me near too many heavy traffic areas and hadn't realised quite how windy it was until i set off.

It would be a terrible waste of a Basso :lol:
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • jp1970
    jp1970 Posts: 134
    Yep... Decided to leave the bike at work tonight and managed to get a lift back home.... Don't think it's worth being blown into the traffic.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Went in before the rush hour - a little hairy but the wind wasn't as strong as it became later in the morning. Aside from the hill right outside my house it wasn't too bad and mostly downwind (though not a particularly fast commute overall).
    Faster than a tent.......
  • chris_bass
    smidsy wrote:
    Chris Bass wrote:
    smidsy wrote:

It would be a terrible waste of a Basso :lol:

indeed it would, but the basso never goes to work! That's my weekend wonder
  • FECES
    FECES Posts: 25
    Not really much you can do about the wind. However there are risks in most aspects of life so just keep on doing it. Also nice bike you have:

speed_001.jpg