The Windy Thursday Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited December 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Damn it's windy outside! woke me up at about 4:30 this morning, I thought the house was falling down. I think it's beginning to calm down, I hope this hasn't sent my bonsai flying :?

Today, we shall be talking about yesterday's meeting, which was a success story. Apparently we're doing a good job, people liked what we offered, and agreed to certain plans. We presented them an issue that divided them, and so they saw why we were 'taking our time' with the final decision. Basically, it went really well. Which was a bit of a surprise!

Later, I shall be starting my preparation for the trip darn sarf!

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

feel a little fuzzy headed this morning as we had a few drinks last night to celebrate that the gf has possibly got another job after being made redundant 6 weeks ago 8)

other than that - damn it's windy! out for a ride later that northern monkey has wussed out on :wink:

laters
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    great news WK

also feeling below par after a few too many drinks last night with the big cheese. That's about it!
  • Morning lady girls...

Today i am planning a weekend pootle, and thinking about when i can get out of the new office at Cardiff gate.. it's a smelly place!
    The pet gerbils are now settled in and are a complete pair of hooligans!

Laters
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning slags

Revision meh. Off to teh grandmother's for lunch as the mother can't be arsed visiting her, fun fun fun! Other than that I suspect there may be a lot of procrastination.

Laters
  • So windy here I had no go outside and pick up a plant pot.

bacons has been substituted with porridges in a vague attempt to get into some sort of shape for skiing. Isn't "round" a shape???

Last night's curry is still repeating on me and the roofers have bailed.

Onwards to plumbers bailing too.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Work. First Christmas party of the season tomorrow night with work. Tables have been planned and are somewhat a fix though I am not complaining as I am with a load of friends so sure I will have a good night.

Will also be babysitting for the rest of the weekend which will involve eating lots of junk food and taking kids to clubs whilst tired and hungover so the parentals can also be tired and hungover after their party on Saturday. Apparently being younger I should be less tired than them. And as the oldest and nearest I am automatic babysitting material.

Someone has just bought chips into the office. Argh!!!!!
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • MissCMC wrote:
    :?:
    uktv-catchphrase-mr-chips-waving.jpg
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    MissCMC wrote:

Someone was microwaving a fish pie in my office recenlty. I can still smell it :evil:

Not as bad as the person who was reheating boiled cabbage though. Stank like wet socks left in a plastic bag.

There should be rules against stinky foods in offices.
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    alreet!

twas a breezy day to be sure! Had a day of blah today, nowt much happening, planning a nice early stack tomorrow to get on the road to deliver my short weeks laundry to the bottom feeder!

In other news i won yesterdays golf and the £20 first prize. Which i shall turn into booze the first chance i get!

Toodle pip.
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    Todays present from the HIB is wood.

Nothing else to report
    Kisses
    FoxC
  • Evening.

Went to school late again, 3rd time in as many weeks. Went to a presentation to get some GCSE certificates. Was pretty decent. Im a little disappointed with some of the my results. I wanted more A s. I got a B in maths, chem, and bio. Got an A in physics. I wanted an A for those. I was so close :/

Almost got runover again this morning. Some knobsack decided not to wait in the queue in traffic, and decided to pull out and drive down the wrong side of the road for a bit so he could turn off earlier. So i was presented with a Land Rover discovery pulling out in front of me, luckily he never hammered the throttle to try and get there before any cars came. I cant believe he actually had the nerve to start swearing at me, as if i was in the wrong. He then ended up with half the car in either side of the road. Idiot.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    Evening Twuntwaffles,

Just on the way home from second night out on the beers on the trot and I'm farked but will pedal tomorrow anyway as it might wake me up and help shift tonight beer and sausage rolls. Went back to the bar in our old student union tonight and surprise surprise it was full of spotty whankers :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • foxc_uk wrote:

Nothing else to report
    Kisses
    FoxC
    He got wood for you did he ;) hehe lucky girl!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    foxc_uk wrote:

Nothing else to report
    Kisses
    FoxC
    He got wood for you did he ;) hehe lucky girl!
    Oh yes indeed!