specialgueststar
specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
edited December 2013 in Pro race
I'm bored now - need some racing

1456636_544239715665762_362220560_n.jpg

Comments

• mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    You and me both mate. But....I have lots of old races to watch as I while away the hours on the turbo. Its too cold and wet for the road bike.
  • Its too cold and wet for the road bike.[/quote]

Man up !
  • mike6
    c40nl12 wrote:
    Its too cold and wet for the road bike.

Man up ![/quote]

Not a chance, I ride for enjoyment, not to freeze my b******s off. Anyway, why risk weeks off the bike with a broken limb when I can cane myself on the turbo and get more of a training effect out of the time? :roll:
  • rayjay
    rayjay Posts: 1,384
    I will say it again .

it's just to windy to ride today. It's not let up at all.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    I went riding on the day when it was mega windy, fallen trees and power lines et all. Leaning in to a crosswind is no problem. You just have to apply rule #5
  • mike6
    Paul 8v wrote:
    I went riding on the day when it was mega windy, fallen trees and power lines et all. Leaning in to a crosswind is no problem. You just have to apply rule #5

Wellllllll......you are either a Belgian hard man or a very silly boy. :D
  • Paul 8v wrote:
    Probably more column B :)

How did the Boar get on in today's conditions?
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    He's got a low centre of gravity so not fussed by a bit of wind :-)
  • mike6
    Speaking of using the turbo during bad weather. i think it proves the theory that time is elastic. 4 min interval lasts at least double that, whereas the 1.5 min recovery is gone in about 20 seconds. or is it just me?
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,543
    I ride in all weather because I'm going from A to B. I can see merit in the argument that if you're going from A to A staying in the warmth of A is preferable, but I'd find it very dull.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,450
    mike6 wrote:
    Speaking of using the turbo during bad weather. i think it proves the theory that time is elastic. 4 min interval lasts at least double that, whereas the 1.5 min recovery is gone in about 20 seconds. or is it just me?

Nope. Anyone looking at creating a working time machine should start with a turbo trainer as it's the closest humankind has come to one thus far.
  • mike6
    TheBigBean wrote:
    I ride in all weather because I'm going from A to B. I can see merit in the argument that if you're going from A to A staying in the warmth of A is preferable, but I'd find it very dull.

True. I have to do a planned session, that is the only way to make it bearable. It could not contemplate just riding for a certain length of time or distance. :oops:
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,546
    andyp wrote:
    mike6 wrote:

Nope. Anyone looking at creating a working time machine should start with a turbo trainer as it's the closest humankind has come to one thus far.

If the put it in the waiting room at Crewe railway station......
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Racing can't come soon enough. This forum has become so incredibly s'hit lately as people have nothing to talk about.

Never used to be a need for locking threads..