Frogs legs

seanoconn
seanoconn Posts: 11,400
edited December 2013 in The bottom bracket
I've just had frogs legs for the first time in a French restaurant. They were raw in the groin area, should I be worried?
Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי

Comments

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    seanoconn wrote:
    I've just had frogs legs for the first time in a French restaurant. They were raw in the groin area, should I be worried?

Not as worried or as upset as Kermit. :cry:
  • seanoconn
    I'll try anything but my stomach is churning now. Little worried.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    seanoconn wrote:
    I'll try anything but my stomach is churning now. Little worried.

Better start a new award for " The most questionable thing I've eaten award" or just award the 1st prize to yourself. Frogs c o c k (Raw) . :shock:

If you do expire I'll start a RIP thread and watch the fun begin. On another note can have first dibs on your bike if you do die horribly of frog's c o c k revenge?
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    I heard eating frogs can make your eyes fall out.

Suppose it's an innovative way to save weight though.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    You still alive Sean? :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • this some sort of sick tom daleyesque euphemism?
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,858
    seanoconn wrote:
    If they'd been served in crème de chamois, they'd have been fine.
  • seanoconn
    I'm alive! Bit of a stupid thing to try really as they're obviously not very fresh.
  • ballysmate
    Aside from troubling your guts or giving you the hops to the bog, how'd they taste? Surely not like chicken?
  • seanoconn
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Aside from troubling your guts or giving you the hops to the bog, how'd they taste? Surely not like chicken?
    Funnily enough they did taste like chicken. White meat, slightly watery and chewy but that might have been because they weren't cooked.
  • slowmart
    And I was looking forward to starting a RIP seanoconn thread..........
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • seanoconn wrote:

Probably poor preparation beforehand, but then if you ask in the Cyclocross forum, most folk'll tell you that Froglegs can be a right pain to set up correctly.

I'll get me coat. :oops:

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • seanoconn
    Slowmart wrote:
    Looking forward!

Harsh :lol:
  • slowmart
    seanoconn wrote:
    Slowmart wrote:
    Looking forward!

Harsh :lol:

It would have been interesting to see if there was a collective mood of loss and emptiness across the forum.......or not......... :wink:

Desmond Tutu
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    seanoconn wrote:

no, insured maybe, but worried, no.
  • ballysmate
    How many legs do you get and how many constitute a proper meal? Can't be much meat on 'em.
  • seanoconn
    4 legs so 2 pairs. Fair sized legs but not much meat on them but they were only a starter. It was that or braised snails.
  • ballysmate
    No pea fritters?
    Snails or frogs? Nothing else on the menu? Jesus wept!
  • ballysmate
    If they were served as 2 pairs of legs, could you tell if they were boy or girl frogs? Or were the middle bits removed?
  • boh, les cuisses de grenouilles.

You have a problem. We ask for frogs legs, the French eat the 'thighs of frogs'.

Clearly they have given you the dangerous groin region rather than just the pleasant thighs. Your fault for ordering in English and not speaking French. Their little joke probably.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    brianonyx wrote:
    boh, les cuisses de grenouilles.

You have a problem. We ask for frogs legs, the French eat the 'thighs of frogs'.

Clearly they have given you the dangerous groin region rather than just the pleasant thighs. Your fault for ordering in English and not speaking French. Their little joke probably.

The French are so hilarious aren't they :roll:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,320
    I cannot imagine how small a portion of Filet of frogs legs is...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!