Metal, how to prepare for a ride NOT

caradale
caradale Posts: 34
edited December 2013 in Road general
Well two great bands on at rock city in Nottingham on tues night, Orange Goblin and Airbourne. Metal and Hard rock at its finest, couldn`t miss that. A great night involving copious beers lots of headshaking and and possibly permanent damage to hearing. Thing is Wednesday was my rota day of work and with it being a lovely calm crisp day couldnt resist heading out on one of my favourite loops round south notts starting at Gunthorpe and trundling through the lanes of the vale of Belvoir out to Long Bennington then back via Bottesford, Orston and Bingham about 35 miles.
This route is usually a absolute pleasure to ride but today was utter purgatory, muscles felt like lead, ears still ringing, stiff neck, dehydrated and feeling heavy with a thick head. even the slightest rise felt like the Angliru. (there arnt any hills as such on this route thank god). heading home into a very gentle breeze felt like I was pedalling into a gale.

lesson learnt boozing, headbanging then cycling possibly isn't the best idea but on the plus side hopefully ive burnt of the calories I poured down my throat last night......metal keep the faith

Comments

• Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Aha! I see where you went wrong...no mention of a big fat blinkin' hot curry along with the beer. Pre-ride prep of champions (err, well me at least although I am no champion).
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    caradale wrote:
    lesson learnt boozing, headbanging then cycling possibly isn't the best idea but on the plus side hopefully ive burnt of the calories I poured down my throat last night......metal keep the faith

I think you should burn about two pints an hour if going at a reasonable pace!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Chris Bass wrote:
    caradale wrote:

I think you should burn about two pints an hour if going at a reasonable pace!

Damn didn`t go anywhere near far enough then. I must be a better drinker than I am a cyclist
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    Keep the faith, but buy some earplugs - permanent tinnitus is no fun at all.