pop up / slide along/ slide down adverts.

Cupras
Cupras Posts: 145
These pop out ads are just too much.
I loved this site when I first started cycling but I am looking towards other sites more and more just because of this.

Every now and again I do click on this site for a little look and its the same thing again.
I usually use IE without any add blocks as I see it fair for adverts to be shown however sometimes its too much.

I had 3 yes 3 ads that moved my screen around before even reading a single thread tonight and that's just ridiculous.

I have now changed where I was going to look to come and post about ads in a angry mood rather than go check out if anyone had advice on the overshoes I was looking at.

I do agree ads are needed to pay for things but something less would be more for this site.

Comments

• linzi
    linzi Posts: 3
    I guess you need to install ad block software in your browser so that no ads will appear in your browser.
  • The bloody site gets worse and worse.

I have had two full page ads obliterate the screen so far within literally seconds of logging on.

I for one are getting totally pissed off with this site. The OVERLY INTRUSIVE advertising is the last straw.
    Hey, maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events, but we just got our asses kicked, pal!
  • No Sweat
    No Sweat Posts: 103
    I'll second all of the above complaints.

I absolutely understand that the ads finance the site, but they now DOMINATE the user experience. I particularly dislike the ads that move the screen around and the ones that cover the whole screen until you click to get rid of them. Your sales team, and the advertisers themselves, should understand that this has a negative impact if users of the site get annoyed by the presence of the copy.

I too now go to other sites first - which is a shame as your content is generally very good.
  • Is this forum being killed off by making it virtually unusable?
  • stannie
    stannie Posts: 167
    My ipad is working much better now - the ads are not as intrusive as they were.
    ....................................................................................................
    Waterford RS-14
    Trek Domane SL6
    Ridley Noah SL

A woman can never have too many bikes!
  • Totally agree with you all, there is one thing to have advertising on a site but this is out of control. Plenty of other good forums to use!