Gay

joelsim
joelsim Posts: 7,552
edited December 2013 in The bottom bracket
In sport news ... when asked on their thoughts regarding Britain's number one diver coming out of the closet, Manchester United Football Club pledged to give their full support to Ashley Young during this difficult time.

Comments

• daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Well, I am happy.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • joelsim
    Rightly so. Good on Tom for coming out, shows how attitudes have changed for the better.

*Mind you don't like that cheat Ashley Young.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,588
    It was hardly 'coming out'. It was the least surprising announcement since Peter Andre and Katie Price announced they were getting divorced!
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Pross wrote:
    It was hardly 'coming out'. It was the least surprising announcement since Peter Andre and Katie Price announced they were getting divorced!

Katie Price and Peter Andre were married!! :shock:
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Missus was quite shocked. Not homophobic but sees the world as very black and white with not much room for grey areas in her mindset. The guy is such a major celeb around here. I'm not a big fan of either of them to be honest. That's tom and Ashley. The others don't even appear on my radar
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    I don't care.
    It was pretty obvious, but whether he tells the world or keeps it to himself is nothing to do with me, you, Father Christmas, Mother Theresa or anyone other than himself.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    There was a discussion about Tom on the radio yesterday.

The chap that they had on to talk about it was gay, and obviously a big fan of Tom for more than his diving. He described him him as a "national treasure" which I thought was going more than a bit too far.

The older I get, the better I was.

• I heard it on the news.

Zzzzzzz.....
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,416
    MattC59 wrote:
    I don't care.
    It was pretty obvious, but whether he tells the world or keeps it to himself is nothing to do with me, you, Father Christmas, Mother Theresa or anyone other than himself.
    You're the forum equivalent of America. Wait till Tom sinks his torpedo into your Lusitania, you'll soon take interest.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Tom Daley some flouncy ( I thought this b4 the revelation)no mark who won a ten a penny silver medal for falling from a height. Who cares if he's gay. Who cares what he does. Come back when you win gold in a discipline that is slightly more difficult than falling over artistically. Then maybe you will be newsworthy
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    seanoconn wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    I don't care.
    You're the forum equivalent of America. Wait till Tom sinks his torpedo into your Lusitania, you'll soon take interest.

With out consent, is that not a declaration of war ?
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • I listened to Tom Daly's complete message on Radio 4 yesterday (was a prisoner in someone else's car) and he did NOT say he was 'gay'. What he said we he was in a relationship, that the other person was a guy, and that he was really happy. He also said he still 'fancied girls' - ?

However, I have to agree with a poster above - who gives a s***? And I'm sorry I responded now!
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Raymondo60 wrote:
    I listened to Tom Daly's complete message on Radio 4 yesterday (was a prisoner in someone else's car) and he did NOT say he was 'gay'. What he said we he was in a relationship, that the other person was a guy, and that he was really happy. He also said he still 'fancied girls' - ?

However, I have to agree with a poster above - who gives a s***? And I'm sorry I responded now!
    Sounds like Tom is confused as to what gay means these days.
    Or is he simply saying that he is a non-fussy slapper bi-sexual.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Any holes a goal perhaps?
  • I reckon when he that he "still fancies girls" it was on strict instructions of his agent. Got to keep the teenage girl fan base happy haven't you?
  • joelsim
    He obviously won't be going here in a hurry

http://www.muffdivingclub.ie/
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    I knew it would be a mistake to click that link!
  • Joelsim wrote:
    He obviously won't be going here in a hurry

http://www.muffdivingclub.ie/

Apparently said club does quite well for itself out of spin-off comedy merchandise such as T-shirts etc. (forget where I read that, probably Russell Ash's excellent book of double entendres, It Just Slipped Out).

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    Fair play to a bloke who's bi-sexual. If you were 'bi', scoring on a Saturday night would be a piece of cake.

Back on topic:
    Who cares? I laways remember Daley Thomson with his 'I'm gay' T-shirt and then explaining to the press that in the English dictionary, gay means happy.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • I have never really watch diving or anything but find it funny how so many are saying "i knew it" how do they all claim to know it?
  • Because if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quaks like a duck its more than likley a duck. If a person is very camp its not surprising that people think they most likley are gay.
    Personally I've never been able to take to Tom Daley, hes always been pushing him self forwards and loves himself. Im not bothered what his sexuality is and dont think it merits a slot on the main news.
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    It's not easy is it.

http://youtu.be/CxotY8QK37Q
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    To the "outside" man, being gay isn't an issue these days but trust me, in sport it is !
    The music industry is not so bad unless your a good looking teen and the agents/management know that your going to affect sales.
    Not many agents would welcome coming out as there are still plenty of places you would be made unwelcome.
    Its understandable why they keep it quiet and more often than not, an outing comes after being caught out and the media outlet who usually find them out are the ones who get the "I'm coming out" scoop !
    Living MY dream.
  • joelsim
    VTech wrote:
    To the "outside" man, being gay isn't an issue these days but trust me, in sport it is !
    The music industry is not so bad unless your a good looking teen and the agents/management know that your going to affect sales.
    Not many agents would welcome coming out as there are still plenty of places you would be made unwelcome.
    Its understandable why they keep it quiet and more often than not, an outing comes after being caught out and the media outlet who usually find them out are the ones who get the "I'm coming out" scoop !

It's a shame in this day and age that so many people are still so narrow minded.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    Its bad and in the USA its VERY bad ! especially if your in something like the NFL, Hockey, Baseball or Basketball !
    I know a couple of rappers who are gay but you would never know, many things are hidden.
    Living MY dream.