Life's luxuries

Comments

• crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    Being in possession of a hyperactive 6 year old....

Last Sunday when me, the wife and our little girl laid in until 9.30

There aren't words good enough to describe how wonderful that was!!!
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Mr Goo wrote:

c60blue.jpg
    Ha - another Chris Ward fan. Excellent!
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    Monkeypump wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:

c60blue.jpg

What d'ya reckon, VTech?
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Slowmart wrote:
    After a 12 weeks in a full cast, taking a crap with a bent leg, shower and then bath after 16 weeks.

Ah yes, the cast coming off. Being able to scratch your legs, peeling long strips of thick, dead skin off, washing it.... Sheer. Bliss.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Monkeypump wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:

c60blue.jpg

That looks nasty, there are far nicer ones in the range !
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • johnfinch wrote:
    peeling long strips of thick, dead skin off.

Reminds me of a particularly bad episode of sunburn* I had as a kid!

David

*Which happened in North Wales, proving that holidays there needn't always involve a non-stop backdrop of rain.
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • A bottle of Glengoyne 15 year old Speyside single malt, my espresso machine and the occasional bottle of Brains SA Gold chilled on a Friday night.

On a slightly emotional note, I really consider my wife & kids a luxury, they are precious to me.
  • big_p
    big_p Posts: 565
    I bought this thing brand new 3 1/2 years ago, I cant emphasize enough how much of a money pit it is.
    i hardly ever drive it, it's only done 8k in all that time, the ved is almost £500 a year and the insurance is a little bit more, the tyre's are £250 a corner and if Miss Daisy is sat in the back, you might just see 20 mpg.

But it's my prize possession and i love it like a first born child, other than super cars and on the right road there's very little that can even think about getting close, it's a beast.

1070089_702559376436817_23405477_n.jpg
  • m3, m5, alpina b3, certain amg's, toyota/nissan/subaru equivalents of your one.

im not dissing it, im just saying could the above not get close to it?
  • big_p
    The 4 wheel drive system on this car is amazing, it has a clutch in the center diff to enable front/rear split, it has another in the rear diff to enable left/right split, it can brake any wheel it wants without the others being braked, If you can lose control of this car on a public road, you should be locked up for the rest of your life.

It has grip that any of the M cars would die for and non of the other jap cars you mentioned were produced with the power this has other than a GTR but at 70 grand, in my book, that's a super car.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    edited December 2013
    Nothing quite as nice as music played through a top-notch stereo. Valve CDP and very refined amp with 290W pc. It goes very very loud and doesn't lose it's marbles. Got Spotify etc streaming into the DAC on the CDP too so all bases covered. About £10k's worth including the speakers. My pride and joy.

IMG_16081.jpg
  • src1
    src1 Posts: 301
    Joelsim wrote:
    Nothing quite as nice as music played through a top-notch stereo

I agree! Have you heard of these? :wink:

speakers.png
  • joelsim
    AVI's?
  • src1
    Joelsim wrote:
    AVI's?

Yep, us AVI owners get everywhere! Nice system BTW.
  • joelsim
    SRC1 wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:
    AVI's?

Yep, us AVI owners get everywhere! Nice system BTW.

You're not Ashley James in disguise are you?

I'be heard the Neutrons and loved them, but not the ADM9s. Heard lots of good things though.
  • src1
    Haha, no. I've met Ashley and don't think he's a roadie. I used to post on the WHF forum a bit, but the AVI wars put me off. I've got ADM40s, which are excellent and my non-bike luxury.
  • big p wrote:
    I bought this thing brand new 3 1/2 years ago, I cant emphasize enough how much of a money pit it is.
    i hardly ever drive it, it's only done 8k in all that time, the ved is almost £500 a year and the insurance is a little bit more, the tyre's are £250 a corner and if Miss Daisy is sat in the back, you might just see 20 mpg.

But it's my prize possession and i love it like a first born child, other than super cars and on the right road there's very little that can even think about getting close, it's a beast.

Nice!

I drove a Nissan GTR a while back (on loan from The Car Show and I got stopped by the police, but that's another story).

Amazing car, and the Mitsu looks to have a similar spec. Very easy to drive very (too) fast!
  • kieranb
    kieranb Posts: 1,674
    our annual ski holiday - only lasts a week but the thought of it keeps us going through the rest of the year!
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    big p wrote:

I reckon from 50 in 5th my Wife's little Fabia vRS would kick it's ass :wink:

Is it a FQ360 ??? Very nice.
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • big_p
    I ment to mention the deadly fabia, they fill me with terror, truly the devil in disguise. Its an FQ330 SST but running closer to 400 hp.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    m3, m5, alpina b3, certain amg's, toyota/nissan/subaru equivalents of your one.

I doubt any of them would win on a decent circuit. As said, the drive is key, not so much the power.

As for the fabia, there could be truth (a little) in that.
    My friend had a 1.9d golf and that was faster than my car from 40-100 in 3rd :mrgreen:
    Diesel power rocks.
    Living MY dream.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,604
    big p wrote:

Former Evo owner here (had a VI for several years till I stacked it at Brands). Awesome fun, especially when fettled for the track. So easy to drive fast, made average drivers feel like gods. Preferred to cane it on track as doing it justice on the road would have resulted in death, disqualifiaction or jail time :twisted:

But you're right about it being a money hoover - not dear to buy but running costs cold get a bit silly. Glad I prefer bikes now...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • VTech wrote:

I doubt any of them would win on a decent circuit. As said, the drive is key, not so much the power.

My friend had a 1.9d golf and that was faster than my car from 40-100 in 3rd :mrgreen:
    Diesel power rocks.

reckon it was the driver!!!
  • VTech
    VTech wrote:

Diesel power rocks.

reckon it was the driver!!!

Diesel torque, often misunderstood.
    I wrote software for the BMW 335d for a magazine and it was faster from 30-120 than a Murcialago and F430
    Living MY dream.
  • talking of cars ford mustang out here in 2015. petrol heads (v tech big p et al), opinions?

i thought the camaro was coming out here in rhd too, but have heard nothing lately. also whats the other famous us muscle cars of the mustand/camaro ilk, is there a dodge something or other?
  • VTech
    talking of cars ford mustang out here in 2015. petrol heads (v tech big p et al), opinions?

i thought the camaro was coming out here in rhd too, but have heard nothing lately. also whats the other famous us muscle cars of the mustand/camaro ilk, is there a dodge something or other?

The mustang is a great car. Plenty powerful enough and I hired one last time in Miami. Was a nice drive but not European enough for my taste.
    I went to the Shelby factory in Nevada last month and that is something to behold. Plenty of test cars that I would love to drive/own but sadly almost none will be produced.
    I've taken a liking to the Opel Ampera of late. I like the look of it and the economy it gives.
    Living MY dream.
  • the new mustang is meant to be refined for european tastes...is that the one you drove...looks amazing to me and im too young to have been around when it got famous in all those films, so am being objective. think ford will do really well at the price point its aiming for overhere.

any knowledge of the camaro in rhd in uk?

the dodge i have goggled, charger and challenger. wonder if they will be brought out here.
  • VTech
    I don't know about the camero but the charger looks awesome. The most retro looking car available today IMO.
    Ford have a habit of pulling a rabbit out of the hat and I reckon they will do well in the next few years.
    I'm looking for an Eco car right now and have been looking at VW or Opel. Not for looks so much but for cheap running.
    Living MY dream.