the playing mantis
the playing mantis Posts: 2,129
edited December 2013 in The cake stop
rip Ahmed Fouad Negm

Comments

• daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    ترقد في سلام أحمد فؤاد نجم
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    daviesee wrote:

repetition. :roll:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • daviesee
    team47b wrote:
    daviesee wrote:

Not if you can't read English.
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    daviesee wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    daviesee wrote:

In which case how would you know to repeat it :mrgreen:
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • daviesee
    smidsy wrote:
    daviesee wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    daviesee wrote:

In which case how would you know to repeat it :mrgreen:
    It is a service that I provide.
    Your welcome. :P
  • team47b wrote:
    daviesee wrote:

What is this? Just a minute?
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Reminds me... Was going to see Humph. The guy goes and dies the day before the gig. Lightweight
    Just a minute/ sorry I haven't a clue ... Connection is radio 4 panel shows
    Deceased person equals RIP
    Therefore passes on topic checklist
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Mikey23 wrote:
    Reminds me... Was going to see Humph. The guy goes and dies the day before the gig. Lightweight
    Just a minute/ sorry I haven't a clue ... Connection is radio 4 panel shows
    Deceased person equals RIP
    Therefore passes on topic checklist
    RIP Humph.
  • Mikey23
    Cheers mate. About three years out of date but the family will appreciate the thought...
  • GiantMike
    Mikey23 wrote:
    Cheers mate. About three years out of date but the family will appreciate the thought...
    I didn't realise there was a time limit. Is it a sliding scale according to how great they were? When does/did the Humph window close?
  • GiantMike wrote:
    Mikey23 wrote:
    I didn't realise there was a time limit. Is it a sliding scale according to how great they were? When does/did the Humph window close?

You weren't to know. And speaking of someone with patchy knowledge of scales, Colin Sell is at the piano again....

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike wrote:
    Mikey23 wrote:

You weren't to know. And speaking of someone with patchy knowledge of scales, Colin Sell is at the piano again....

David
    Where are you coming from this week?
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    GiantMike wrote:
    Mikey23 wrote:

No time limit. The Mavis window is still open.
  • daviesee
    Ballysmate wrote:
    No time limit. The Mavis window is still open.
    I feel quite sorry for Judas Iscariot.
    Much misunderstood fellow.
  • This was a serious attempt st creating a one stop shop for those inclined to put their condolences in to those who have shuffled off this mortal coil, and it's decended into farce
  • daviesee
    This was a serious attempt st creating a one stop shop for those inclined to put their condolences in to those who have shuffled off this mortal coil, and it's decended into farce
    Did you expect any less?
    Cos you couldn't have expected any more.
    Anyway, keep OT.
  • GiantMike
    Sorry.

Daley Thompson (1958-TBD). Highly successful former British decathlete, won Olympic Gold in 1980 and 1984, broke the world record for the event four times and won three Commonwealth titles, as well as wins in the World and European Championships, Thompson is considered by many to be one of the greatest decathletes of all time (along with Bob Mathias and Dan O'Brien). Robert Chalmers described him as "the greatest all-round athlete this country has ever produced. :cry:

I know he hasn't died yet, but I wanted to be the first to mourn his loss and I might not be near a computer when I hear the sad news. Personally I think it appropriate that he dies in a November so that there are as many moustaches as possible as the State funeral.
  • GiantMike
    Emma Thompson (1959-TBD) British actress, comedian, screenwriter and author. She first came to prominence in 1987 in two BBC TV series, Tutti Frutti and Fortunes of War, she won the BAFTA TV Award for Best Actress for her work in both. Her first major film role was in the 1989 romantic comedy The Tall Guy. In 1992, Thompson won multiple acting awards, including an Academy Award and a BAFTA Award for Best Actress, for her performance in the British drama Howards End. In 1993, Thompson garnered dual Academy Award nominations, as Best Actress for The Remains of the Day and as Best Supporting Actress for In the Name of the Father. NO RELATION to Daley Thompson.
  • GiantMike
    The Thompson Twins (1977-1993). British New Wave pop group that achieved considerable popularity in the mid-1980s, scoring a string of hits in the United Kingdom, the United States, and around the globe. NO RELATION to Emma or Daley (I think).
  • GiantMike
    edited December 2013
    The Playing Mantis (16 Aug 12 to 4 Dec 13). The Playing Mantis (aka 'TPM', aka 'Agent Pinkbits') was the on-line ego of Miss Sally Nesbit (15) from Basingstoke. Working as a North Korean cyber-agent she was employed to groom internet idiots into performing increasingly depraved postings with the intent of 'collapsing the decadent Western Internet culture'. Sally started to take herself too seriously in the late summer of 2013 before imploding in a self-aggrandising hissy-fit in Dec and taking her posts to HorseRadar.com. Sally will be sorely missed by her younger sister, Tilly, and 2 members of BR. No relation to Rab C Nesbitt or Jimmy Nesbitt.
  • Late summer 13??? I take that as a compliment
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,516
    shall we mourn lost careers?

Nigella's looking like she will be taking it up the arse in America if these drug allegations are found to be credible.

I don't know her and wouldn't mourn her passing into obscurity
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Mikey23
    George Remi, died 1983. Under his pen name Herge, created The adventures of Tintin. With such characters as captain haddock and the Thompson Twins...

RIP
  • Mods mods I need mods they all going off topic and taking the p.

Mikey first. He should know better at his age.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,088
    MAVIS BINGHAM (1823-1862)

Famed for her 'single blade' ploughing skills despite allways choosing stallions that were just far too big. Never married her long term partner Gladys Pinkerbottom who was her equal in the not so feminine class of plough women due to social intolerence to single blade plough women.
    Mavis's maveric style of poughing was synonymous with noises such as 'By 'eck', 'Oh fuk' and 'bollox'.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Daviesee 1947-2013

Open door policy led to me and all my unsavory associates eating him out of house and home.
  • daviesee
    Daviesee 1947-2013

Open door policy led to me and all my unsavory associates eating him out of house and home.
    You know my nickname.
    You won't get rid of me that easy. :wink:
  • Don't worry about that the boys are on there way to sort out that mysterious, Scarlett pimpernel type character, notdaviesee.
  • Mikey23
    A bit like matter and anti matter...
  • GiantMike
    Mikey23 wrote:
    A bit like matter and anti matter...
    'Matter' and 'Doesn't Matter'?