bib tight repair?

proto
proto Posts: 1,483
edited December 2013 in Road buying advice
I've managed to ruin a very nice pair of Le Col bib tights. The left side nose of the saddle on my hack is damaged, I ignored it and now annoyingly it has worn through the lycra in the inner thigh area. The tights otherwise are in excellent condition.

Anyone ever explored getting stuff repaired? Worth a shot or bin them? Any recommendations

Particularly peed off as they were a very expensive gift and very good tights. I was trying to avoid the expense of buying a new saddle but it's ending costing me much more. Grrrrrrrrrrr!

Comments

• Hi Proto,

Sorry to hear about your wee problem!
    Since Le Col is a premium brand, then I would guess their after sales support should reflect their price charge.

When I damage my Assos gear (ripped bib shorts from a fall) I sent it back to Assos in Switzerland with a letter explaining my predicament & 3 weeks later, I got my repaired shorts return via the post with no charge at all.
    That's one of the reason I buy Assos which cost a small fortune, but in the end I think its worth it (if you can justified the initial outlay). I'm certain Rapha do something similar as experience by my club-mate.

So, I would suggest you contact Le Col & see what they offer in terms of repair service.

P.S Would be interested to know how you get on, please keep us informed if possible.

Cheers
  • If you have no luck with the manufacturer, try this;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/McNett-Ironmend ... =iron+mend
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Dry cleaners are usually good for mending clothes.
  • kentphil
    kentphil Posts: 479
    My wife stiched up a small hole in my Endura bib shorts. That was two years ago and its held fine. Not the tidiest repair but its done the job.
    1998 Kona Cindercone in singlespeed commute spec
    2013 Cannondale Caadx 1x10
    2004 Giant TCR
  • klam
    klam Posts: 1
    I have a nice pair of Rapha bibs that got damaged due to a fall. Surprisingly enough the fall only manage to create a couple small holes (the biggest being about 3mm). Because the bibs were black, I found another pair of black bibs that I had lying around now retired. I cut up a few small patches and using this stuff (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00178 ... =li0a6a-20)I glued the patches I cut from the inside of the shorts.

The repair worked pretty well and hopefully will prevent the tear from expanding. Aesthetically the shorts shows signs of repair, but its better than having holes in them. So far, the repairs have held up and haven't come apart in a few washes. Will try to post picks later to show the repair job.