Sensa Giulia - rear drop out issues?

Brassknocker
Brassknocker Posts: 209
edited December 2013 in Road buying advice
I have a Sensa Giulia (2013) Ultegra with RS80s, and I love it....

...but, I noticed early on that the rear wheel gets slowly pulled down and out of the drive side drop out forcing the tyre very close to the non-drive-side chainstay - even though the QR is very tight. It looks like the drops outs have been poorly designed to me and are too forward facing, the carbon drop outs (the thin aluminium inserts) are getting chewed up from the threaded axle of the RS80s,

Have any other owners noticed this? It seems to be getting worse, and I certainly couldn't fit 25mm tyres (which I intended to do) After a ride the 23mm tyre is almost 1mm from the left chainstay, and about 10mm from the driveside...

The wheel is true, and the hub has no play, and the QR has always been tight (I've not experienced this with any of my other carbon frames - Kinesis KR810 with Ksyrium SLs or Whippett MTB with Stans/Hopehubs).

Merlin sent me a new mech hanger out (free of charge) which I tried, but makes no difference.

Any ideas/ suggestions what to do, as I love the frame otherwise) - does the 2014 version have the same style drop outs?

Comments