Crud Road Racer MKII

mathematics
mathematics Posts: 453
edited December 2013 in Road buying advice
Having been out today and returned with a bike completely blathered in mud and cack, I'm thinking of getting some of these as my mate using them and had a pretty clean bike after todays run.

My question is will they fit a Cube Peloton?

Thanks in anticipation.

Chris

Comments

• napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Check the specific 'will cruds fit my bike' thread ;)
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • NapoleonD wrote:
    Check the specific 'will cruds fit my bike' thread ;)

Thanks Nap

What section is it in?
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    viewtopic.php?f=40013&t=12948012

Road general for some reason!
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • mickyj
    mickyj Posts: 26
    I have managed to fit the rear Crud Mk2 to my 2012 Cube Peloton fine but there is not enough clearance for the front. At least I cannot make it fit. I would be interested to hear if anyone has managed to.
  • Assuming the Peloton is similar to my Agree then you will struggle with the front, as MickyJ said, but the rear will be fine.

I have Zefal guards on mine but it's the same principal as the Cruds and the Cubes have very little clearance at the front.
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Are the above examples with 23 or 25 tyres?

If 25 you will assist yourself a little by using 23's.

OP I have a set you can have for the price of postage if you wish to try them.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • That is a good point to note actually, however I do run 23 on the Agree :)
  • it's the same principal as the Cruds and the Cubes have very little clearance at the front.LVyb2g
  • I've got a 2012 agree gtc race and managed to fit them front and rear. The front is tight but I managed it by inserting the guard under the front brake and loosely fixing it first with the tie. Then worked out where best on the forks to position the supports to give the best clearance overall. The front blade is a bit of a fiddle to then attach but at least everything is correctly positioned. Then just tightened everything up and it all spins fine.
    When I'm riding the only issue has been the front blade addition occasionally rubs on the tyre, but with a little bit of encouragement (bending it up) it has been totally fine.
    Hope that helps because they're really worth it!
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    it's the same principal as the Cruds and the Cubes have very little clearance at the front.LVyb2g

And your point is?
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • Thanks smidsy but just placed an order!!! Doh

I tried my mates and think with some butchery I can get em to fit.