Garmin

Cipollini
Cipollini Posts: 255
edited January 2014 in MTB general
I've always used Bikehike.com for planning my road ride routes and downloading them to my garmin but it isn't any good for planning MTB rides as it doesn't do out routing off road. Can anyone point me in the direction of a good website for planning off road routes.
Thanks

Comments

• Any other suggestions?
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Cipollini wrote:
    I've always used Bikehike.com for planning my road ride routes and downloading them to my garmin but it isn't any good for planning MTB rides as it doesn't do out routing off road. Can anyone point me in the direction of a good website for planning off road routes.
    Thanks

Erm, bikehike works perfectly fine for off road routes, use the OS map window and turn off locking to road.
  • camerauk
    camerauk Posts: 1,000
    This ^^^^^^
    Bikehike works great for me using a Garmin 800
    Specialized Camber Expert
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Agreed, that's what I always use.
  • evo3ben
    evo3ben Posts: 552
    Garmin Connect for me. Using a combination of google and open street maps, planning any route on or off road is easy on the garmin site. Just made a couple as it goes for endurance training 130k 75% off road and a full 100% road version.
  • Cipollini
    Briggo wrote:
    Erm, bikehike works perfectly fine for off road routes, use the OS map window and turn off locking to road.

I've tried this in the past but it takes ages as it doesn't automatically stick to the routes off road.
  • Cipollini
    evo3ben wrote:
    Garmin Connect for me. Using a combination of google and open street maps, planning any route on or off road is easy on the garmin site. Just made a couple as it goes for endurance training 130k 75% off road and a full 100% road version.

Same problem as on BikeHike. It doesn't stick to the routes off road. I used a site called Bikeroutetoaster and when you changed the map into the OS map it would stick to the OS routes, Footpaths or bridleways with out having to manually click every 50yrds on the map. When creating a 50+ mile route it takes some time.