Spesh Allez/Tarmac owners, other alternatives?

Bobbinogs
Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
edited November 2013 in Road buying advice
OK, I am thinking ahead for springtime and looking at a new stead to replace my £300 ebay bargain of an Allez Elite (complete with Aksiums :) ). Now, the Allez fits me great so I wanted pretty much something similar...but better. So, the natural option is the Tarmac (because it has the same geo) but I am not convinced the tarmac will take 25mm tyres in the winter, etc., and it is always good to look at alternatives. Is there anything else that other folks have ridden/bought when moving from an Allez/Tarmac that fitted the same or felt similar/better?

I am thinking Cannondale Supersix or Cervelo R5, etc., but that is all a stab in the dark (I really don't want to spend winter evenings studying geo charts). Yes, I will get down the bikeshops but the bike options will mean which bikeshops I go to!

So, any obvious contenders, without getting into silly money?

Comments

• slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    I went Allez to Tarmac - but with a TriCross for the commute/wet/anything else bike.
    Not sure my 2011 Tarmac will take 25mm tyres, but it doesn't need to - the tricross will take >32mm (it's got 32mm slicks on atm).
    Reason I went Tarmac was that it was a good deal (on here) and as it was the same frame size as my Allez I knew it'd fit.