Endura Lumenite Overshoes

Serious Cat
Serious Cat Posts: 489
edited November 2013 in Road buying advice
I really need to pick up a pair of overshoes as Im sick of soaking wet feet. Does anybody here have any experience of lumenites and their waterproof capabilities , they seem to be a well recommended pair of overshoes from what ive read so far.
This serious internet site..............I serious cat

Comments

• They're pretty good, have a look at the Deluge zipless ones too. I have both and the Deluge are so easy to get on and off. Neither are great when it gets really cold though, you need to think of the heavier neoprene ones then.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Or get the Planet X ones for half the price ? http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/CLP ... _overshoes

They're both waterproof but any water running down your leg will get into the overshoe.
    (unless you have water resistant leggings worn over the top anyway)
  • dowtcha
    dowtcha Posts: 442
    They are ok and very easy to put on and remove. They have scotchlite printed on so a good option if riding in the dark. They are not very warm but I use a pair of Prendas air tunnel when colder.
  • How effective are the planet x ones when water is spraying off the front wheel directly onto the cycling shoes ?
    This serious internet site..............I serious cat
  • matt-h
    matt-h Posts: 847
    How effective are the planet x ones when water is spraying off the front wheel directly onto the cycling shoes ?

Very! It took a few hours of torrential for my feet to get wet and that was probably due to it running down my leg

Matt