ballysmate
ballysmate Posts: 15,921
edited December 2013 in The cake stop

Comments

• Have a word with your local Citizens Advice Bureau
    They are really helpful
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Even temporary/ part time are entitled to a minimum of 4 weeks holiday pay per year.

Therefore you need to know what your "contracted hour are" I.e if it was 32 hours a week you'd times this by 4 (weeks holiday) and then divide it by 52 to get your weekly accrual .

Did they give you the opportunity to take any Holiday?

I would contact your local A.C.A.S they give free employment law advice.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Have a word with your local Citizens Advice Bureau
    They are really helpful

Your experience must be different to mine.
    Waited ages to see someone to get advice on behalf of someone else, only to be given a shrug and advised to see a solicitor. Well no sh1t Sherlock.
  • Do you by any chance work at Primo?
  • oldbazza
    oldbazza Posts: 646
    Do you by any chance work at Primo?

Thought it was a bit dis-organised the couple of times I've been in there,seems a bit weird with that jewellery trading bit at the back too;bod I spoke to when getting a power-link was friendly and helpful which isn't always the case,some places and staff seem like they can't be bothered most of the time.
    Ridley Helium SL (Dura-Ace/Wheelsmith Aero-dimpled 45 wheels)

Light Blue Robinson(105 +lots of Hope)

Planet X XLS 1X10(105/XTR/Miche/TRP Spyre SLC brakes

Graham Weigh 105/Ultegra
  • oldbazza wrote:
    Do you by any chance work at Primo?

Thought it was a bit dis-organised the couple of times I've been in there,seems a bit weird with that jewellery trading bit at the back too;bod I spoke to when getting a power-link was friendly and helpful which isn't always the case,some places and staff seem like they can't be bothered most of the time.

I've gotten quite a few parts from them, and have been out on 2 of the club rides. Very welcoming bunch in my opinion. Hopefully i'll make it out with them in the new year since i'll have a fixed schedule by then so will also be able to train.
  • If it was France, not only would you have holiday pay (about 25 days worth), but also an end of contract 'bonus' that covers you for at least a further month.

And if you complain of a strained neck or back, you can have another 6 months on full pay too!! With paid trips to spas, etc. to relieve your agony.

No wonder the country's going down the toilet!
  • Madasahattersley - you're entitled to 5.6 weeks paid holiday in each of your employers holiday years. Note that it's an entitlement so unless you were prevented from taking your entitlement by your employer, illness or paternity leave you may find you've lost it for the last holiday year. Sorry; but there's no harm in asking for it! In the absence of a company holiday year (most opt for the calendar year or April/March) your year runs from the anniversary of your joining and your entitlement in your final year should be pro-rated. I hope that makes sense.
    Sorry for the tardy reply. I'm a lawyer so nuff said but my excuse is I don't come here often. Good luck.
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    Just ask and take it from there. Hard to say without knowing what job you do and how the pay etc works but the worst you should expect is unpaid time off.