Tri Suits

mattyoung1990
mattyoung1990 Posts: 11
edited November 2013 in Road buying advice
How many of you boys & girls are into triathlons?

I'm looking to compete in a few next year and so, in my mind, a great Christmas present idea would be a triathlon suit.

Has anyone got any experience with tri suits who can offer some advice?

Been looking seriously at getting the B'Twin Tri Suit, heard it's very functional but i'm not sold on the aesthetics haha.
http://www.decathlon.co.uk/tri-suit-bla ... 37952.html

Would love to get the Sugoi RS @ ~£150 but I think that it might be too much for a first timer! Having said that, I'm pretty sure I'll love them so it might be worth the early investment anyway!
http://www.sugoi.com/gbr/2013/fall/tri/ ... -suit.html

Comments

• I'll be following this thread closely as I am getting cash towards one for Christmas this year. I am planning to head to Sigma in London to make the purchase.
  • ben16v
    ben16v Posts: 296
    2XU are my brand of choice and pricing wise come between them two models
    i need more bikes
  • 2Xu or Fusion would be my choice. What distance of event are you considering? Some brands do not have rear pockets which limits the ability to carry gels/spares during the event.
  • Will have a look at 2XU then, thanks.

I'll probably start with a few sprint/olympic triathlons but the long term goal is to complete an ironman or 3. Probably worth considering something with pockets then...
  • god1406
    god1406 Posts: 554
    I switched to triathlon this time last year and competed at Ironman Wales in September.

My advice if you're thinking about doing long course would be to look at a two-piece suit for *ahem* personal reasons ;)

A front-facing zip gives you the ability to regulate temperature a little.

Pockets are a must.
  • Apart from my club trisuit, (champ sys) I have an ORCA which I got from wiggle for about £35. Good fit, no chafe and doesn't hold water. Also has 2 small 'net' pockets by the kidney area.