Comments

• Great photos, love the 7th one.

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Nukeproof Mega AM 275 Comp
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    I like the last two best. Your riding looks rather more impressive than mine.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    nice! there's some fair size hucks going on there, where is it?
  • Morley in Derbyshire, and unfortunately i'm not the one riding i'm just the face behind the camera haha! :)
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    Great photos! Looks like an awesome spot too :)
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Great pictures, love number 5 even though no one is riding in it 8)
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    You should go on Pinkbike and read some of the stuff on there about composition - your lighting and shots are good but the composition is a little weak - the old law of thirds to structure a shot is missing and just centring the subject makes for a little uninteresting action shots.

The less action oriented ones are much nicer in some ways - fella with his dog and the sunlight in the trees are very nice.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    You should go on Pinkbike and read some of the stuff on there about composition - your lighting and shots are good but the composition is a little weak - the old law of thirds to structure a shot is missing and just centring the subject makes for a little uninteresting action shots.

The less action oriented ones are much nicer in some ways - fella with his dog and the sunlight in the trees are very nice.

It's "rule" of thirds, not "law" - and it's not cast in stone, often ignoring rules of composition can produce a very effective image too. To be fair, I think 1,2 and 3 need cropping heavily, and 4 and 6 would've got the delete button for me, but if he likes them, that's what matters. Shots 8 and 11 exhibit classic rule of thirds anyway, and are nice images (I'd argue that the last one should be recomposed so that he's walking into the frame, rather than out of it though). For an action shot like the second to last one, there's nothing wrong with having the subject centre frame (and that one obeys the rule of thirds in a vertical plane anyway - it's a well framed action shot IMHO). Composition is the most important aspect of a good image (technical skills can be learned, but you either have an eye for composition or you don't), but it's subjective.
  • IhateDNS
    IhateDNS Posts: 380
    I like the 5th one as these not bike in shot.
    seconded from late 8)

:wink:
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work!