Broke a spoke this morning - wheel ok to get me home?

2»

Comments

• chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    keef66 wrote:
    But replacing all the spokes, even though there's only 16 of them, is an expensive proposition if you do the work yourself. Add in labour for a wheel builder and it's bonkers, especially if the rim is partially worn.

think i'm just going to write it off in fairness, its free listings on ebay this weekend, might chuck it on for a tenner and see if anyone wants a 14 spoke front RS10!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Chris Bass wrote:
    keef66 wrote:
    But replacing all the spokes, even though there's only 16 of them, is an expensive proposition if you do the work yourself. Add in labour for a wheel builder and it's bonkers, especially if the rim is partially worn.

think i'm just going to write it off in fairness, its free listings on ebay this weekend, might chuck it on for a tenner and see if anyone wants a 14 spoke front RS10!

Someone will buy it and I bet you get a lot more than £10 - I sold a set with broken spoke on rear and someone bought it as a project to re-build for a spare set.

PS- I saw this thread late last night and based on my experiences with RS10s I was going to pleade with you to get the train but you had already left, So very glad to hear you made it ok - I didn't think you would!
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Chris Bass wrote:
    keef66 wrote:

Someone will buy it and I bet you get a lot more than £10 - I sold a set with broken spoke on rear and someone bought it as a project to re-build for a spare set.

PS- I saw this thread late last night and based on my experiences with RS10s I was going to pleade with you to get the train but you had already left, So very glad to hear you made it ok - I didn't think you would!

i think i was kinda lucky as it was the front wheel so not much weight on it and i did do a bit of testing it out to check it seemed relatively strong and used my back brake pretty much solely.
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes