Which of these two bikes?

BMKN
BMKN Posts: 222
edited November 2013 in Road buying advice
Im down to 2 bikes felt Ar5 or planet x pro carbon sram Rival if I were to get this I would upgrade to their 80 /100 wheelset. But wouldn't for Ar5. I will use my bike for for club spins/races and solo solo training with long distances and hills. Any advice?

Comments

• Calpol
    Calpol Posts: 1,039
    They look quite different bikes. I am afraid I would have to resort to the perennial advice

"The one which is most comfortable"

I do wonder how comfortable the AR5 would be over longer distance. If you arent a seasoned roadie then surely this is an issue. Having said that the Felt looks much better in my opinion. Planet x are great value but I find it hard to get over excited about them.
  • BMKN
    Cheers im even contimplating of upgrading my wheels on my current bike Bh 7.0 to planet x wheels as I have been riding stock since I bought it. Would they make much of a difference?
  • Gpfanuk
    Gpfanuk Posts: 142
    If you have not pulled the trigger yet then hang on! i have just bought the AR5 so should be able to give a little real world feedback on it shortly. PM me if you want.
    Muddy Fox Hardtail Circa 1998
    Triban3
    Felt AR5
    ANC Halfords Peugeot (restored and ridden at Eroica 2015)
    A box of bits that will make a fine Harry Hall when I get round to it.
    Raleigh tandem of as yet unknown vintage - ongoing restoration for Eroica 2016
  • BMKN
    Cheers for that. I wont be buying till new year. Planetx seem good value. Ive seen a rt58 ultraegra build which is under 16lb which im pretty tempted also. Too many options