Tuuuuesday Morning!

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited November 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Well I'm back from Cardiff. I had a Customer Service of Excellence Award Networking Event. It was as fun as it sounds!
Stayed in quite a nice hotel, though I barely slept as the mattress may as well been made out of iron. Still, I managed to get there and back quicker than my colleagues.

Today, back to work. I have to give one of my minions his probationary review, and it's not looking good for him. The boss is joining me for it :?

Later, I'm chilling the fark out as I'm knackered, and my back has decided to play up again. I think this is due to lack of bikes.

Fark, just remembered, there's a Bury match tonight. That's my plans changed!

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Good afternoon all (yes apres midi here)......same old same old at work, will be same old same old later as well, saving grace is the Boss has authorised the purchace of a bike to travel round site, saving the time of a long walk or waiting for a car (don't ask), £40 quid will be spent on a thing of classic beauty, lugged steel frame and dripping chrome!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Do you mean dripping rust?
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    Morning

Still not warmed up after last nights night ride :(

So that has dented todays hopes and dreams - well excel, meetings and studying later.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    'sup bumders

Revision. Rather foolishly agreed to go round to the grandmother's for lunch, should be hell. Possibly tennis this evening if the foot is up to it. Also working out whether/when I'll be able to afford £1300 for a new keeper kit as I desperately need one. While I could get a cheaper one I need one that's up to the level I'm playing now and intend to be playing in a few years, and that will survive the abuse it will get...

TTFN
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Morning Laydeez!

Cracking day outside again, unfortunately I'm stuck inside again :roll: Hopefully this will continue until the weekend for some riding :)

Angry Bird the solution to your problems is simple, go round and have lunch with the old girl and keep her sweet, Christmas is only round the corner so maybe you can tap her up for the keepers outfit, free lunch and free kit, win win :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Work is busy but surprisingly not too much left over after having Friday off.

Kids wore me out of the weekend. I was dragged to football practice and match and then rugby match also. Standing around in the cold watching the youngest sibling do sports so the parents can stay in the warm is not my idea of fun.

Working on the Christmas list today... Just ordered med school sibling an anatomy book. Have to go pick up the delivered Onesies this evening.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • angry_bird
    Well that went alright, no chance of getting any money out of her and the food was mediocre, not as good as it used to be (although I shouldn't complain about that). I did however manage to convince her that my brother has a drinking problem, so he'll be getting plenty of grief off her now, especially with Christmas coming up :lol:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,501
    Angry Bird wrote:
    £1300 for a new keeper kit
    :shock: 'Kin 'Ell. Buy a bike instead :)

Evening Cockwombles,

Only 2 days to go till my weekend starts, so there. Woke up a 4.15 thinking about work :( and didn't sleep properly after that, so the pedal in was a bit slow. But the way back was much better and I managed to annoy a few roadies :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • angry_bird
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Angry Bird wrote:
    £1300 for a new keeper kit
    :shock: 'Kin 'Ell. Buy a bike instead :)

I'm possibly thinking of doing the opposite and selling one off :shock: Or just spunk the student loan away on it :lol:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,501
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Or just spunk the student loan away on it :lol:
    I'd always drunk my student loan by this far into term time. Actually when I was at Uni it was a grant :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • angry_bird
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Or just spunk the student loan away on it :lol:
    I'd always drunk my student loan by this far into term time. Actually when I was at Uni it was a grant :P

Yeah, the past 3 years I've done just that and it was definitely worth it.

This year though I've not been able to drink much this term due to the concoction of pills I've been on. Next term it's not very likely I'll want to/have much chance to as things get very serious. I'll be working in the hospitals during the day, have out of hours/emergency cover and all the other crap that needs doing, along with being assessed on daily basis :lol: Not complaining, it's going to be fun and I can't wait! Just won't be nearly as many nights out to London which tend to be very pricey so plenty of money to be saved :D