100m of heaven in Pembrey

richywales97
richywales97 Posts: 38
edited December 2013 in Routes
Out with a mate yesterday, the plan being a 5/6 hour fitness session. Cycled along the coastal path and then the full length of Cefn Sidan beach and half the way back, and just to let you know 12 miles on sand is a killer if anyone is thinking about it. About halfway back we saw a gap in the sand dunes leading to the forest, and naturally we investigated. After a while of forest bridleways we saw a ridiculously steep, but short hill, and instinct told me 'the other side might be pretty awesome'.

It was!!

Only about 100m long, but without a doubt the best ride of my life. My mate is a bit of a beginner so couldn't realy enjoy it. Started off with a short downhill to gain speed, the into 2 flowing jumps, and a series of tight berms around boulders. The adrenaline rush was so great I can't remember all of the details...bugger!!
Only problem was that its in the middle of a huge forest park and i have no idea where it was, but I need to find it again!!

Comments

• Maro
    Maro Posts: 226
    I kitesurf at pembrey quite a bit and see a lot of famillies cycling around. I've often wondered if there was some good "proper" riding to be found in or around the park somewhere.
    Bird Aeris. DMR Trailstar. Spesh Rockhopper pub bike.
  • There's quite a lot of short 'proper' trails, but the park is so big its hard to find them, just cycle around and try any promising trails
  • If anyone's interested, i found it!!! It was even better the second time because i could bomb down it knowing what was ahead. Unfortunately i forgot to mark on the map where it was again, but i think i remember roughly.