Phone App with real time web tracking?

Nairnster
Nairnster Posts: 602
edited November 2013 in Road general
Hi everyone

I was just wondering if any of the apps used for tracking workouts via GPS also offered real time (or as close as possible) tracking via the web?

i.e. can I go out on a ride and track my workout on my phone, and then my girlfriend can log on to the computer and track my location whilst she sits at home?

Comments

• Nairnster wrote:
    Hi everyone

I was just wondering if any of the apps used for tracking workouts via GPS also offered real time (or as close as possible) tracking via the web?

i.e. can I go out on a ride and track my workout on my phone, and then my girlfriend can log on to the computer and track my location whilst she sits at home?

Endomondo
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • oh right, is that a free feature or will I have to pay do you know?

I used to use Endomondo, but never really noticed that feature.
  • Nairnster wrote:
    oh right, is that a free feature or will I have to pay do you know?

I used to use Endomondo, but never really noticed that feature.

Free feature. I have only used it once when I was tracking a mate on a nightime L2B ride.
    It seemed to work ok.
    Worth a try as it is free :)
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • Thats cool, thank you very much.
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    What phone have you got?

Since I'd be amazed if she is tracking you that regularly. It may be a periodic glance or a mere check to see where you are at the time you said you would be back. If you have an iphone she can go via icloud to see where you are whenever she pleases.
  • Lol, not asking because I think she is tracking me wouldn't care if she was.

More a case of I think it would be useful in case something happened to me, or to see how I was progressing on way home on a long ride.
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    Fair comment. I have the same issue here but 'er indoors is so IT illiterate here that I had to go with the Road ID screensaver/wristband and hope.
  • navrig
    navrig Posts: 1,352
    Just don't expect the battery to last too long, especially if you have it reporting too often.
  • stueys
    stueys Posts: 1,332
    Find my friends, apple app free with the phone. Works very well.
  • DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    Thinking about making my own because the current selection looks pap and battery use is poor on most of them!