Giordana bib tights - sizing advice

jordan_217
jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
edited November 2013 in Road buying advice
Hi All,

I'm looking at getting some Giordana bib tights. How true is the size chart? I'm 5ft 10" and 80kgs and the large should be ok but I have no experience of the brand so wanted to know if going a size up would be advised?

Thanks in advance
“Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”

Comments

• maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    I'm 5'11" and 72kg and a XL.

I'd go bigger than a large, definitely.

The Fr-Carbon ones are just gorgeous.
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • maddog 2 wrote:
    I'm 5'11" and 72kg and a XL.

I'd go bigger than a large, definitely.

The Fr-Carbon ones are just gorgeous.

??? Are you sure? I'm 6'1 and 80 kg and I have both L and XL of these and the L is ideal on me, XL just a little loose.

Lovely bib tights btw and yes the FR Carbon ones are superbly comfy.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Anyone else find them a little short on the legs? I'm mulling over the FR-C ones and they only seem to reach half way to my knees (that is in Small and XSmall though).
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Thanks for the responses.

Ok, I have a 32" waist but 'chunky' thighs and ass. So, lets just say that a large in Assos is great in terms of fit around the legs and middle (I know Assos go on height!). FWIW I'm not looking at the FRC tights, which apparently are a very close, contoured fit. I'm looking at the Trade Team tights with Cirro insert.

I could always order both a L and XL but the last three deliveries/returns I've had with RM have all gone astray and I'm still waiting for refunds on all those items!

Any further advice much appreciated.
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    ??? Are you sure?

Yes.
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer