Comparable bikes to Canyons + Canyon model advice

supermurph09
supermurph09 Posts: 2,471
edited December 2013 in Road buying advice
I'm currently riding a Cube Agree GTC Race with Planet X 52mm clinchers and looking to upgrade around February next year.
I'll be budgeting around the £2000-£2300 mark but at the moment struggling to come up with options other than a Canyon (no bad thing). My riding involves alot of hill climbing and that's where I'm looking to focus next year, hills, hills and more hills and be in great shape for the hill climbing season but with alot of basic all round riding.

So something lighter than the Cube (8.2KG) would be great, ideally around the 7KG mark which with a saving of over 1.2KG should be noticeable (like not having a 1.5 litres of water with you).

The 2 Canyon models I'm looking at are the CF SL 9.0 SL with SRAM Force and Mavic Ksyrium SLS WTS (1395g) Total weight 6.75KG. Or the CF SL 9.0 which has Ultegra and Mavic Ksyrium Elite S WTS (1520g) Total weight 6.95KG, the latter being £400 cheaper and only 200g heavier. I've never used SRAM but wondering if I'd be better saving the £400 as I do like the look of both bikes.

So I'd welcome advice on the 2 models above and seeking direction on what other bikes can offer the same sort of spec for that price.

Comments