First MTB for Spain

ng5000
ng5000 Posts: 6
edited November 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi all, I'm looking to buy a bike that's going to live in Spain for the many times I go there (my wife's from Bilbao so we're over there 3 or 4 times a year). 2 questions:

If you limited yourself to Decathlon as they also have shops in Spain would you go for the Rockrider 8.1 or Rockrider 6.5? The riding will be tarmac to the top then single tracks and mountain trails over and down. I'll be doing about 30 miles/50km on the typical ride.

If, however, Decathlon are out of stock of both of those models then I'll buy from Evans as they'll deliver the bike to Spain for £20. So, if you could spend up to £600 but were limited to Evans which bike would you go for?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Just seen that Wiggle will also deliver to Spain for free. Actually, I've got no idea what to go for if the Rockriders remain out of stock. I can't even decide whether I need a 29er or a 26!
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    There is a large Decathlon in Santander. Why not go there next time you are in Spain and buy one?
    It may be easier if it comes to any warranty claim you may have to make (but hopefully won't).
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • Levi_501
    Levi_501 Posts: 1,105
    I made my left hand drive bike :wink: up here and then took it over in a reinforced cardboard box on the plane.

Whilst you can get bikes and bits in Spain, I find it is just easier to get stuff from England from the places you know etc.