Specialized Yoke

brady10
brady10 Posts: 195
edited November 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
My Stumpy'10 Expert has a Y shaped yoke attaching the Shock to the rear pivot, which means finding a shock upgrade is almost impossible. Does anyone know of any modified Yokes to fit a standard Shock end?
WOW really? Carbon Fibre Hubs?? Well how about chucking that kebab in the bin?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    there are no standard shock ends. they all use a fitting kit to fit what ever bike.

ask the sellers about fitting kits. (reducers).
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • brady10
    brady10 Posts: 195
    Appreciate the advice, but I can't see how this shock http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/fox- ... -prod90530 could possibly fit the Stumpy Y Yoke?
    WOW really? Carbon Fibre Hubs?? Well how about chucking that kebab in the bin?
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    I'm pretty sure Fox distributors Mojo do a shock that fits.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    You'll really struggle to get anything as the shock is a 'custom' job for Specialized.
    Mojo or Loco may be able to rework the internals of your existing shock.
    Alternatively the nice people at Specialized will take about £350 off you for a replacement shock!

I have a 2011 Stumpjumper FSR and think it is a brilliant bike. However, the stupid rear shock set up is making me think very seriously about whether I'd buy another one come upgrade time.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009