Recommend a club in Epsom area?

Merlydog
Merlydog Posts: 58
edited November 2013 in Road beginners
Good morning!

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a club in the Epsom Surrey area please? I'd view myself as a beginner, commute 30 miles per day on my defy and cycle most weekends at least one day.

I'm doing LEJOG next year and would love to join a club to get a few hints and tips from professionals.

Many thanks
Sarah

Comments

• Merlydog wrote:
    Good morning!

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a club in the Epsom Surrey area please? I'd view myself as a beginner, commute 30 miles per day on my defy and cycle most weekends at least one day.

I'm doing LEJOG next year and would love to join a club to get a few hints and tips from professionals.

Many thanks
    Sarah

There are a couple of good clubs not too far from you. TwickenhamCC have a good ladies group and I gather Kingston Wheelers do too (not saying you need a ladies specific group)
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    There's a lot of good reason to just join your local club - or at least to find out if they're suitable first as it's good if you don't have to ride an hour longer than everyone else on a club run.

So I'd least try with Epsom CC.

One of the bigger clubs may give you more option though, and Kingston are only 20-30 minutes away as a meeting point.
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/