Giro air attack shield vs specialized evade vs lg course

justin_c2000
justin_c2000 Posts: 32
edited November 2013 in Road buying advice
hi, I'm looking for a new AERO helmet. I was looking at the reviews on each and am having a little trouble deciding.
does anybody have any recommendations or experience with these

Giro air attack shield
Specialized s works evade
Louis Garneau course

thanks

Comments

• mattv
    mattv Posts: 992
    Try them on. The best aero helmet is useless if it doesn't fit well. The Evade is a bit slimmer width than some other helmets so fits long thin heads rather than round ones.
  • I'm a bit of a Specialized fanboy, but I think the Evade is a real flop in the style stakes.....
  • mattv
    mattv Posts: 992
    Spesh dont really do "form over function" though. It's that shape for a reason. And I personally think it looks great in the black n red scheme. Dont fit me as well as the propero or prevail though.
  • I've been looking into this too, I think I personally prefer the look of the LG helmet more than the others, and it claims the biggest gains too. ( wether it's true or not is another matter ).
    Cipollini Bond
    Pinarello GAN
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    The giro one is great! Definitely faster, I was about .3mph faster in the turbo.
    Looks good too I think you'll all agree.

852D3FF1-D65D-436B-AF78-27D447A3AA34_zpsn9ejvs83.jpg
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Didn't you already crack that joke?!

(Funny though it is...!)
  • napoleond
    Didn't you already crack that joke?!

(Funny though it is...!)

Did I? I tired.
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • napoleond
    Oh yeah. No one saw it though.
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • I have the air attack with visor. Very light comfortable lid. Ive worn it three times since I bought it a month ago. ( as opposed to 3 times in the preceeding 6 months! for my other helmet. ITs very cool around the scalp and the visor doesn't sit as tight against the eyes as glasses but otherwise excellent. Visuals without the visor aren't all that.