Ribble Sportive

Nairnster
Nairnster Posts: 602
edited December 2013 in Your road bikes
Here is my newly built Ribble 7005 Sportive.

Parts all transferred from my Defy. The blue spacer above the stem wont be staying, just the only one I had lying around, and still needing to fit the cable end crimps.

20131123_100327_zpsa18a3c4e.jpg

20131123_100412_zps9f0fbce3.jpg

20131123_100443_zps4b91294b.jpg

Frame: Ribble 7005 Sportive 52cm
Forks: Ribble 7005 Sportive Carbon forks with alloy steerer
Bars: Deda RHM02
Stem: Deda Zero 100
Headset: ITM
Bar Tape: Easton Cork

Front Brake Lever: Shimano Sora
Front Caliper: Tektro
Rear Brake Lever: Shimano Sora
Rear Caliper: Tektro

Shifters: Shimano Sora 9speed
Cables: Jagwire
Front Mech: Shimano Sora
Rear Mech: Shimano Sora

Seat: Fizik Alliante Gamma
Seat Post: Control Tech Team AL2
Seat Post Clamp: CSN Superleggera

Cranks: Shimano Sora
Chainring(s): 50/34
Chain: KMC X9L
Cassette: Shimano HG50 12-25
Pedals: Shimano SPD SL R540
Bottom Bracket: Shimano

Front Wheel: Shimano R501
Rim: Shimano R500
Spokes: Shimano
Hub: Shimano R501
Tube: Vittoria Ultralight
Tire: Continental GP 4000s 23c

Back Wheel: Shimano R501
Rim: Shimano R500
Spokes: Shimano
Hub: Shimano R501
Tube: Vittoria Ultralight
Tire: Continental GP 4000s 23c

Accessories: Elite Race Cage bottle cages, Cateye Strada Double Wireless

Weight: Innacurate scales say 21 lbs, though it doesnt feel that heavy in all honesty, quite heavy wheels and groupset considered, dont think thats too bad though.

Other info: Bought to replace my Giant Defy frame as I was finding it just a little too short length wise - this has a longer top tube length.

Comments

• matt-h
    matt-h Posts: 847
    Nice bike,
    could you not have shortened the stem on the defy to save the time or money?
    Although, any excuse to change is always a good one

How does it ride in comparison?

Matt
  • I would have had to lengthen the stem, but the frame just felt so small underneath me.

I think it was so compact I felt like I was perched really high because of how low the top tube was.

Havent had a chance to ride it yet :( Work keeps getting in the way.
  • matt-h
    matt-h Posts: 847
    Cool. dont forget to let us know how it rides 8)

matt
  • Yay, another 7005 user, i have the same frame :D
    Ribble Ultralite Racing 7005, Campagnolo Veloce groupset, Campagnolo Khamsin G3 wheel set
  • Yay, another 7005 user, i have the same frame :D

What tyres are you using?

Ribble told me it wouldn't take 25s, but looking at the clearance with 23a I think it may have.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    How come you chopped in a Defy? Pretty good frame...

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • I didn't really get along with it.

The full compact design meant it always felt to me like I was sitting way up high due to the low top tube. I didn't find this very confidence inspiring.

You are correct though, excellent frame, lightweight too.

Will be popping it up for sale possibly soon(the Defy frame).
  • Nairnster wrote:
    Yay, another 7005 user, i have the same frame :D

What tyres are you using?

Ribble told me it wouldn't take 25s, but looking at the clearance with 23a I think it may have.

I have 23mm Continental Ultra Sports.
    Ribble Ultralite Racing 7005, Campagnolo Veloce groupset, Campagnolo Khamsin G3 wheel set
  • That looks sweet.

If you don't do the Etap Loch Ness in sub 4 hours now something is wrong....
  • My problem is going to be coming from a poor base level of fitness due to a long time off injured. It certainly won't be the bike's fault.

You doing the Etape then Colinthecop?
  • Yeah, I signed up so managed to get one of the places.
  • Cool, I make that a definite three from here so far then.
  • Well, I intended going out on it today, but when I inflated the tyres fully, the rear rubs the front derailleur clamp during part of its rotation.

I have reseated the tyres with no positive effect.

Turns out the rear wheel has some hop to it, something I actually previously thought was freehub being out of true slightly.

They have only done about 50 miles and never hit anything hard etc.

Have been in touch with Ribble to have the rear sent back and hopefully replaced.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    Nairnster wrote:
    I didn't really get along with it.

The full compact design meant it always felt to me like I was sitting way up high due to the low top tube. I didn't find this very confidence inspiring.

LOL I have the opposite problem - short legs so I fee like I'm sat on the top tube on a regular frame, just bought a 'compact' bike to overcome this!

Let me know when you're flogging the Defy frame, if it's the right size...shh, don't tell the missus

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • Well Ribble are wanting me to send them the whole bike so they can in investigate the rear wheel issue.

I have at this point declined as most of the components don't come from them and have nothing to do with the wheel.

I have stated that I think the wheel isn't fit for purpose considering it's done about 50 miles, not hit any potholes or kerbs or any other impacts during my ownership, and is vertically out of true. I have asked for a replacement wheel.
  • SecretSam wrote:
    Nairnster wrote:

LOL I have the opposite problem - short legs so I fee like I'm sat on the top tube on a regular frame, just bought a 'compact' bike to overcome this!

Let me know when you're flogging the Defy frame, if it's the right size...shh, don't tell the missus

Have PM'ed you, but not being delivered, guess your inbox is full?
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    Nairnster wrote:
    SecretSam wrote:
    Nairnster wrote:

Have PM'ed you, but not being delivered, guess your inbox is full?

PMs stay in the outbox until the recipient has read them.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • Ah Ok, thanks. Didn't realise that.