A Cruddy Christmas Uplift

The Northern Monkey
The Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
edited December 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Crudders, a few of us down here are planning a Cruddy Christmas uplift at Cwmcarn on Sunday 22nd December.

Santa Suits are mandatory, anyone around?

We've booked on, loads of spaces left!

Comments

• angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Gaaaah tempting, very tempting. Will make a decision over the next couple of days, kind of fairly broke and need to replace the keeper kit for hockey which is kind of expensive, need to work out exactly how tight I have to be with the cash.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    Bummer, I'm going to be up North seeing my folks then. (Am headed to CC next Friday - lucky I booked yesterday, no spaces left now).
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Everyone get on it. There's 5 of us do far, it'd be great to see an uplift bus full of santas :)
  • angry_bird
    Go on then! I'm in :D

I try to get down there at least once over the xmas holidays anyway, turning into a bit of a tradition.
  • Sweet!! Make sure you get a Santa Suit!
  • welshkev
    Nice one :)
  • angry_bird
    Does it have to be santa or can I be a snowman?
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    how many in the bus or does it just run and run and run?

not that i will be riding but i might come and say hello.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Its 16 on the bus, but they do single passes if its not full!
    Pretty sure they're only using the 1 bus now as CC is pretty dead thanks to Bike Park Wales...

Will be there all day, fingers crossed the roads aren't too icy!
  • Stevo_666
    Just seen the changes they've made to the track on the Cwmdown FB page - the lower third has had a bit done to it by the look of things.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Yeah basically the section after the tunnel was becoming really washed out so they've rebuilt it, looks pretty good now!
    Also looks like they're built up one of the drops near the top that went into a bombhole and was just impossible to ride, looking forward to trying that one..
  • Stevo_666
    Yeah basically the section after the tunnel was becoming really washed out so they've rebuilt it, looks pretty good now!
    Also looks like they're built up one of the drops near the top that went into a bombhole and was just impossible to ride, looking forward to trying that one..
    I'll give a post match report after I've given it a few goes this Friday. I feel the need to christen my new Troy Lee lid, it's far too clean and shiny :)

BTW the bombhole drop - is that the one about 100 yards before the first switchback, just before the rooty tree?
  • welshkev
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Yeah basically the section after the tunnel was becoming really washed out so they've rebuilt it, looks pretty good now!
    I'll give a post match report after I've given it a few goes this Friday. I feel the need to christen my new Troy Lee lid, it's far too clean and shiny :)

BTW the bombhole drop - is that the one about 100 yards before the first switchback, just before the rooty tree?

I believe so, yes :D

i'm off work Friday, I have a funeral to go to in the morning but I may try and make it over for a few runs in the afternoon, what will you be riding?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    welshkev wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

i'm off work Friday, I have a funeral to go to in the morning but I may try and make it over for a few runs in the afternoon, what will you be riding?

maddie
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Ooh ohh!!! I can make the 22nd!

I'm in :D

Are you all definitely booked (before I book in and then find that no-one else turns up)?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • welshkev
    miss notax wrote:

Are you all definitely booked (before I book in and then find that no-one else turns up)?

yes 6 of us so far and santa suits are bought as well :)
  • miss notax wrote:

Yep all booked! Anne Summers do some Mrs Clause outfits if you struggle to find anything :wink:
  • welshkev
    miss notax wrote:

Yep all booked! Anne Summers do some Mrs Clause outfits if you struggle to find anything :wink:

is that where you bough yours from? ;)
  • miss notax
    Dream on boys :wink::lol:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

• miss notax
    Booked 8)

• welshkev
    miss notax wrote:
    Booked 8)

Nice one :)
  • Nice one!

That makes it... 7 I think now! 1 more and thats half a bus lol!
  • Stevo_666
    welshkev wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Kev, thanks for the tip off about the track closure - will give Cwmdown a bell tomorrow to check. If it's open, will let you know. I'll be riding a green-ish coloured Spicy - rather badly :)
  • Stevo_666
    @Kev: texted Darrell at Cwmdown and got this reply: ".....I'm planning to run. Fully booked so I won't be happy if it's not open. But Rowan has said to me they will get it done by end of Thursday. If I know of any problems before tomorrow night, I will let everyone know."

Probably OK then....
  • welshkev
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    @Kev: texted Darrell at Cwmdown and got this reply: ".....I'm planning to run. Fully booked so I won't be happy if it's not open. But Rowan has said to me they will get it done by end of Thursday. If I know of any problems before tomorrow night, I will let everyone know."

Probably OK then....

nice one 8) no probs at all mate, Darrell is pretty good so I thought he would've let everyone know, but I read that and thought it'd be a right pisser if you drove all the way up and it was closed!
  • Stevo_666
    welshkev wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Probably OK then....

nice one 8) no probs at all mate, Darrell is pretty good so I thought he would've let everyone know, but I read that and thought it'd be a right pisser if you drove all the way up and it was closed!
    Thanks mate - better safe than sorry. If you hear nothing back from me then I'll be going.
  • Re opens on the 30th according to south wales mtb ranger!
  • welshkev
    Re opens on the 30th according to south wales mtb ranger!

Yeah I just messaged him to double check, cwmdown are running tomorrow so Stevo is fine :)
  • Stevo_666
    Thanks again Kev. Nothing about problems on the Cwmdown website and no messages from Darrell, so game on 8) May see you tomorrow aftenoon.
  • angry_bird
    My santa suit arrived earlier. Wonder how long it'll survive :lol: