ridley orion

pauladams
pauladams Posts: 2
edited November 2013 in Road buying advice
hi all, ive just bought a ridley orion off my brother. Cheap at £150, but i think its too small, i like my bikes with 2 ish inches clearance of the top tube, my leg is straight with heal on pedal and so on. there is still plenty play on the seat post but it looks too small, are ridley bikes a compact fit? im 5"10 with a 31 inch leg. i have a large whyte stirling that is roughly the same size but after that im a bit lost here, any help or advice please. the top tube from end to end is 55 cm.

Comments

• Not sure if this helps, I am not a bike fit expert, my old bike is an Orion, 2007 model year I think, I'm just 5'11' with 32' inside leg and ride a medium (55cm top tube), with plenty of seat post showing. They are 'big' for their declared size.

Would have thought you will be fine
  • mugensi
    mugensi Posts: 559
    I have a medium Ridley Compact which has the same geometrey as the Orion. I'm bang on 6ft and the bike fits me perfect. I tried a size Large and i was over stretched on it, which I know can be alleviated by shorter stem and adjusting the saddle forward but the bike just felt too big. The Medium is a comfortable size with plenty of lee-way should i all of a sudden grow taller ( :roll: )