Lost metal washer for Carrera Fury

justin p
justin p Posts: 4
edited November 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
I've lost the red aluminium split washer that threads onto the other end of the quick release lever for the front wheel. Does anyone know where you can get another (Halfords and Evans don't supply them) or is there another washer I could use instead? To buy a whole replacement front axle (metal axle, quick release, spring, washer etc) is £55!

Comments

• heez29
    heez29 Posts: 612
    Do you mean the circlip? If so Greyville can supply them I think. Failing that any external circlip that fits should do the job.
  • oxocube1
    oxocube1 Posts: 651
    I assume it's either the 2010 or 2012 fury, both of which use one of these. Is that what you have? If so then as heez says, it's most likely just a circlip thats come off the end and they are easily available. Short of that if something else has gone missing that's irreplaceable, they are £20 cheaper than what you found direct from Greyville (the Uk distributor for SR Suntour) in that link.
  • Thanks, this is the correct axle. I'm not sure when you talk about circlips, do you mean the red bit just before the round end piece?
  • oxocube1
    oxocube1 Posts: 651
    Ah no. The red part just before the round bit at the end is not a circlip. That red bit will be specific to the axle and it's very unlikely to be abel to get a spare. You will be better off just buying a new complete axle.
  • ok thanks for your help
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Post a picture up of the axle.
    You may get more responses if readers can visualise what you are talking about.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009