Endura MTR Jacket or recommend something else?

Pete.R
Pete.R Posts: 3
edited November 2013 in MTB buying advice
I've had a search and not much has come up anywhere.

I'm looking for a new riding jacket for general trail riding. I don't normally wear one unless its either really cold or wet, so I want something I can keep in my pack but still be comfortable in for a few hours without overheating. I've been looking at the Endura MTR, helium and a couple of their other jackets. I've set myself a budget of £100 as I need to buy other kit for an alps trip next summer.

So what do you guys recommend?

My current jacket is a cheap £40 polaris number from halfords a few years ago. Its OK since it was nikwax'd and got me through some terrible weather, but not very breathable though.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• http://www.wiggle.co.uk/altura-mayhem-w ... tb-jacket/

This just arrived in the post this morning, in blue - Colours are much brighter in the flesh.

I've just been out for a ride... Long sleeved base layer underneath and then just the jacket over the top. It was pretty cold this morning at around 2 degrees... Felt warm enough once I got going, but didn't feel too hot at any point.

Looks cool, decent fit in length and arms... I bought the XXL one... I'm 6'8'' and found it to be a good fit, slightly baggy around chest/middle - but then I'm a funny shape/size.

Two zipped pockets at front, one large at the rear. Hood is detachable, and neck/collar area comes up high to keep neck warm and has a bit of a fleece lining. A few bits of reflective material here and there so can get away with a bit of road use.

I'm pleased with it, after trying about 4 other jackets from £40 upwards.
  • Thanks for the reply. I'll have a look at the altura stuff