Boardman slr 9.0 or Storck scenero g1?

springpojken
springpojken Posts: 2
edited November 2013 in Road buying advice
Looking to buy a new road bike and have found both the storck scenero g1 and the boardman slr9.0 to be very apealing. I like the specs but especially the weight of the boardman but I'm worried it is not a very agressive racer. The storck on the other hand is slightly cheaper and more agressive from what I've read but also a bit heavier and with slightly lower range gears etc. How much difference is there in their geometry and is the boardman a real comfort bike or just a slightöy more comfortable sportive racer? Which one would you recomend me to buy? Cheers!

Comments

• Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    The SLR is a full on race bike and that frame was used by the United Health Care team in the US pro series in 2011/2.

Super light, very, very stiff and a really enjoyable bike to ride hard.

The 2014 bikes now include an SLS version which has been de-tuned to make it more appealing to sportive riders. It now has a 'Canyonesque' thin seat stays, that add a bit of back end flex to make it more comfy. The SLR has no such creature comforts.

I'm not sure what racing you do but both are great bikes and it sounds like your choice may come down to a test ride shoot out.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro