Thursday...

angry_bird
angry_bird Posts: 3,786
edited November 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning bumders

For some reason I'm no longer in the mood for sleeping. Figured I might as well get up and get on, studying to be done and that's about it for today.

TTFN

Comments

• Morning Losers!

Feck me there was a lot of posts in the Crud yesterday! I''m enjoying it, keep it up you lazy bar stewards!

Yesterday was a nightmare for me, turns out Apple have changed pretty much EVERYTHING about their exams, but forgot to tell us about the odd thing :roll: :evil: Never mind.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Yawn, back on two wheels today after a three day break, was hard getting up early but at least I remembered to charge the lights.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    On a train ready for a corporate kicking down in the big smoke :(

Surprise visit to the pub last night made yesterday better, hopefully today will be the same
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    farking got my bike out of the shed earlier, lent it against the wall and the wind blew it over and it hit the low garden wall and scratched the stantions grrrrrrrr :x not the best way to start the day!

other than that all good and i'm off to FoD after work

laters
  • Evening ladies,

Today is looking dull, might try and sneak a ride in sunday as its all the time i have to this weekend by the looks.

wishing my life away to April when i finally get the can and can find some new work, and get settled into ride work life balance.
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    welshkev wrote:
    farking got my bike out of the shed earlier, lent it against the wall and the wind blew it over and it hit the low garden wall and scratched the stantions grrrrrrrr :x not the best way to start the day!

I feel your pain, the mrs did something similar to one of my bikes.... there was some brief marital discord after

Spent 2hrs training last night in the rain & wind, not highly motivated to say the least but it's another session in the bank, more tonight but the weather looks a bit better - tea in the pub after to look forward to.

Byeeee
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Morning you special people!

Sat at the ferry terminal at stranraer, off to belfast. Had a right good night in Dumfries last night, watched some really ropey karaoke and listened to some irish student blethering on, in fact her voice was so high pitched i think only dogs could have understood her!!

laters potaters!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Morning All

Early check in for me tomorrow so off to Norwich this afternoon. :roll:

Apart from that it is now sunny in sheffield
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    Not a good Thursday, unfortunately. My dad's had a stroke and is in hospital. :(
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Not a good Thursday, unfortunately. My dad's had a stroke and is in hospital. :(

:(

And I was about to moan about a 2 hr delay on a train, hope everything is as good as can be
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690

Sorry to hear that dude :(
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852

Bad news, fella. I hope he makes a good recovery.

My mother had a TIA (Transient Ischaemic Attack) a couple of days ago so we're hoping she recovers soon.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • Not a good Thursday, unfortunately. My dad's had a stroke and is in hospital. :(

Hope everything is okay. Must be quite a shock :/ Hope he recovers well.

Ive mucked around with bikes from Monday through to today. Not doing anything else to bikes for a looooong time. Been stressed out with school recently. Decided to bunk my last 2 physics lessons today. I really couldnt take doing physics today...i had an exam and a long homework which i didnt do, i totally forgot (not a lie!). So i left school to go to the Orthodontists (which was a lie!).
  • Kowalski675
    matthew h wrote:

:(

And I was about to moan about a 2 hr delay on a train, hope everything is as good as can be

Thanks (and to the others). After initially fearing the worst from what I'd been told it turns out that things are about as good as they can be, under the circumstances. He was taken quickly to hospital, straight to a stroke unit. My sister spoke with the doctors to get the accurate story and he's had a bleed on the brain, but not a full on catastrophic stroke. His left side is weak and lost movement, but his speech is good (only slightly affected) and he's conscious and compos mentis. I've spoken to him over the phone and he seemed as chirpy as you coud expect. So fingers crossed for a successful recovery. All too often we don't realise what we've got until it's gone.
  • Sad news to hear that, but just a word of comfort, medicine has come on such a long way in the last 10 years with strokes. My Gran had several in the last years of her life, and she recovered from each one. My uncle had a few too, he was practically back to normal within a few days.
    Hopefully he'll have a quick recovery to full health again.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Kowalski675
    Thanks.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    Evenin' Gimps,

Best of luck for your old man's recovery Kowalski.

Bit of a headless chicken day at work, so much so that I couldn't even join a fellow Crudder for a beer, though he was skiving off ridiculously early :wink: anyhow it's nearly the weekend and I've booked my Cwmcarn uplift for a week tomorrow so its countdown to downhill time 8)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Kowalski675
    Thanks again. Just in case anyone else wishes him well then take it as read that you get a thanks too, rather than me boring you with re-posting it each time. I reserve the right to bore you with other stuff though... :wink: