the playing mantis
the playing mantis Posts: 2,129
edited November 2013 in The cake stop
anyone follow it, seen it live, etc.

i imagine its the antithesis of cyclists

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Can play a bit and used to watch a bit of it but the behaviour of the crowd lately is disgusting. It seemed to be encouraged by SKY and has now spread to other events.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • not a fan of ali pally then?!
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,505
    Personally, its about my favourite sport to watch on TV - should be in the Olympics
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    FFS, it's a pub game. Something to do while you are having a pint and talking bollox.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOlEYNlSZ44
  • Darts?

Diahrea farts. A fart where a little liquid escapes with the blow, usually staining the britches.

Could you please excuse Bubba from work? He ate some bad food that gave him the darts so he had to come home to change his underwear...
    tick - tick - tick
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I've been to the premier league darts at Sheffield, and play local league, got quite good at one point.

I cycle to the games of course ;)
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Ballysmate wrote:
    FFS, it's a pub game. Something to do while you are having a pint and talking bollox.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOlEYNlSZ44

A board with no trebles.

I didn't know that.

Bl00dy Yorkshire.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Darts should be in the Olympics because it is brilliant to watch, a lot of people must think so as so many people watch it. They put Shooting and Archery in the Olympics, and as long as they have things like that in there then Darts should be, in fact Darts should probably be in there before those as it's much much more inclusive.
  • Remove the alcohol consumption and the live crowds at darts would disappear.
  • Remove the alcohol consumption and the live crowds at darts would disappear.

Fair point, I only ever used to go for a jolly avec mates. Also think there's too much on tv now, in danger of overkill. A few times on tv a year was a novelty and treat a fee years back and we were semi knowledgeable about the players but now I have lost a bit of interest
  • ONE HUNDRED AAND THIRTY!

Leisure activities which one can be successful in whilst maintaining a large beer gut and not
    raising a sweat should not be called 'sport'.

The BBC should limit the number of beer-gut-and-not-raising-a-sweat activities (BGNRS's) screened on telly.
    That includes snooker.

OOH, AND THAT'S A BAD MISS!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Alain Quay wrote:
    ONE HUNDRED AAND THIRTY!

Leisure activities which one can be successful in whilst maintaining a large beer gut and not
    raising a sweat should not be called 'sport'.

The BBC should limit the number of beer-gut-and-not-raising-a-sweat activities (BGNRS's) screened on telly.

OOH, AND THAT'S A BAD MISS!
    Does that include ladies tennis?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    Didn't someone once define the difference between "Sport" and "Game" as being that in a sport, to do it properly you have to change your shoes?

Mind you, swimming....errrrr

It's just a hill. Get over it.