obesity

pesky_jones
pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
edited November 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Can you become obese, from means other than diet choice?

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    water retention

Ok, might actually be burger retention
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    I would say no, but genetics does play a part.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    There are certainly genetic influences that can impact on obeisity along with environmental/diet factors. Some endocrinopathies too could lead to increased body weight, something like hypothyroidism maybe or Cushing's. CBA to read as to what evidence there is behind them but from everything I know it's perfectly logical that they could lead on to or make it harder to avoid obesity without someone necessarily overeating/being lazy/whatever.
  • On the most part though if your obese, your a fat lazy turd who eats more than they move...
  • Might be genetic in the fact that you don't know where you're full.

If you start at not obese, and energy in per week equals energy out, then no.
  • pesky_jones
    Ive just seen a few things about obese people not being able to board planes, trains etc...

In an emergency, they would require another body to evacuate them, putting that body (and possibly others) at risk. If it is your own fault that you are obese then this is an outrageous demand in my opinion. However, if it's not your fault then I don't know...
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    You'd think BikeRadar was the Daily Mail the amount of finger pointing and demonising that goes on.

Who next? The disabled? The old? Smokers?

:roll:
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    We did smokers last week.
  • CitizenLee
    Haha yeah, I remember. They can't afford good car tyres and cause crashes I think was the gist of it ;)

Must be awesome being fecking perfect :)
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    CitizenLee wrote:
    Must be awesome being ******* perfect :)

There's a few folk on here who I'm sure would think they can tell us, lol.
  • CitizenLee wrote:
    You'd think BikeRadar was the Daily Mail the amount of finger pointing and demonising that goes on.

Eastie Coasties who talk funny hopefully, ma loon. 8)
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee wrote:

Eastie Coasties who talk funny hopefully, ma loon. 8)

Haha, awa back tae pullin yer puddin min ;)

I actually have a generic nondescript Scottish accent as I'm an imposter from Teesside :lol:
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    CitizenLee wrote:

Yeah, old, fat, disabled smokers really p1ss me off :evil:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • pesky_jones
    Oh god I'm daily mail and I didnt even know it