Wheels: Ultegra of Campags?!

Chrisrebbeck
Chrisrebbeck Posts: 133
edited November 2013 in Road buying advice
Ok, I have pulled the trigger on a heavily reduced Cannondale Supersix Evo Di2 - really looking forward to it arriving. My query is as follows though, with two options.

1. Keep the cannondale standard, use the ultegra wheels (1650g) with the tubeless Ultremo tyres.

or

2. Swap out and put my Campag Neutron Ultras (sub1500g) off my cervelo RS onto the cannondale.

I have loved how light, fast and stiff the ultras are, they are reliable and get good reviews. (mine are shimano free hub). However I like the look of Shimano wheels, like the idea of going tubeless and would prefer a slightly more forgiving wheel which I believe the Shimano are. But would hate to sell the Cervelo with the campys, when actually the campys would light up the cannondales ride even further! The campys retail at almost twice the price of the shimanos. The chances of finding someone out there who has ridden both is slim but anyone with any ideas - let me know!!

Selling my Cervelo RS, which is going to better - selling it with a great campag wheelset or a brand new ultegra wheelset?!

Comments

• Is this road buying advice ?

Looks like you are looking at selling, rather than buying. It seems the best advice is to keep the wheelset you prefer. Once you sell the Ultegra wheels, they'll lose the warranty, therefore you might as well try them tubed and see if you like them, because new or after 50 miles won't make any difference to the buyer
    left the forum March 2023
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Just bought a set of Ultegras at £200 from Ribble to replace my died R-Sys. Budget constraint meant I couldn't replace like for like.

Very impressed with the Ultegras especially for the cost of them. Don't have that light 'zing' of the R-Sys but at more than 50% at RRP cost I would say you get a hell of a lot of wheel for your money.
  • simonj
    simonj Posts: 346
    Bit harder than non tubeless to get tyres on. :)