FAO 2013 Fox Float O/C CTD Fork owners

R8JimBob88
R8JimBob88 Posts: 285
edited November 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Morning folks,

I bought a new bike in May this year which came with a pair of the above forks. 32's and 120mm travel to be precise. I've noticed that the rebound adjustment (bottom of driveside lower) does almost nothing to the speed of the rebound.

Its either super fast or fast fast. Even on the slowest setting its still like a pogo stick. There is a very, very small difference between the two extremes on the dial.

Now can anyone else with these forks confirm that mine are buggered? I dont know if I should contact the shop just yet for a warranty repair or not as I dont know if its just me... They have been like this since day one but I never really thought much of it.

Warranty job or just ride it?
If you do what you have always done, you will get what you always got....

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Recall somewhere on those forks I think. Check the Fox website.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Thanks but i've already checked that. My forks arent affected apparently.
  • The latest recall is nothing to do with that and only effects new 2014 forks.
    Therefore your serial will not be listed.

Almost all of the 2013 open damper 32's had problems with either the clocking of the lockouts or loss of rebound damping.
    Take it to your shop or get in touch with Fox and they should sort it out for you.
  • Well i've spoken to the bike shop and it sounds like they are aware of this issue. I'm taking the bike back to them this weekend where they have confirmed they will sort it under warranty.

So in the last 2 months i've had a new frame on warranty (original one cracked), the reverb packed in so managed to get a new one of them on warranty too and now the forks. I've practically got a new bike! The only original parts are the moment is the drivetrain!
  • My friend has a scott with 100mm travel forks and his adjusters have no effect either compared to mine, hes had them to a LBS as his came from online store, LBS said they were normal!!!l (checked oil level)

My 2013 Evo fork have been affected by the recall as have my dads, sorted out by mojo extremely good service.
    YT Capra Pro Race
    Trek Remedy 2013 (sold)
    Cube Reaction GTC Pro (sold)
    Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo