shimano M520 and M530 pedal axles?

ilovedirt
ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
edited November 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi
I bent one of my axles on my M530s on Sunday, I have some spare M520s (well, a friend has them, so I can't look at them at the moment). Does anybody know if the axles are the same, so I could just swap it over, rather than buying new pedals?
Cheers
Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5

Comments

• What does the tech doc say? That'll list part which are interchangeable or the same
  • Just had a look and it is inconclusive. 520 doesn't list part interchangeability an 530 list ranges above but states axel is not by lack of a or b. part codes for each are different but the drawing looks the same, so would say there's only one way to find out. Give it a go.
  • ilovedirt
    Fair enough, I might just do that, nothing to lose really!
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • mister p
    mister p Posts: 405
    edited November 2013
    The exploded diagrams I am looking at are very conclusive. The axles have the same part number, although written very slightly differently between the older 520 diagram and the newer 530 diagram.

PDM520

PDM530

Now with correct link :oops:
  • Nice one. Think you'll find shimano are the ones who have it wrong as there must be multiple docs which are different. You seem to have included a retard link being clever rather than linking to something that shows they are actually compatable. Twatt
  • mister p
    Nice one. Think you'll find shimano are the ones who have it wrong as there must be multiple docs which are different. You seem to have included a retard link being clever rather than linking to something that shows they are actually compatable. Twatt

You are a pleasant chap aren't you?
  • Says you who posts a link to YouTube with retard as the title and don't go pretending it was by accident. Everyone can see you've edited your post.

Still if I could be bothered to post a pic, it'd show different axel shimano codes against the 520 and 530.
  • mister p
    No, it was by accident. And yes you can see I have amended the links because I have added "now with correct link" and an embarrassed face. I have no axe to grind with you, I have no idea who you are and really couldn't care less if I am honest.

Please post the pictures of the different part code diagrams. At least while you are looking for those you won't be upset by mistakes of strangers.

In the meantime, here is a link to something else I have watched today and found amusing. Arnie Prank Calls
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Be nice to mister p. He works for Shimano, or the distributors or something, and is really helpful and useful.
    And, unlike Chunkers, he obviously isn't having his period.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • ilovedirt
    Erm, thanks guys... Looks like they're compatible anyways, cheers mr.p.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5