Accommodation for La Marmotte 2014

foiegras
foiegras Posts: 18
edited November 2013 in The cake stop
I am having trouble finding somewhere to stay - can anyone recommend a place?

Comments

• millster
    millster Posts: 209
    I stayed at Hotel Le Castillan in 2012. The food was good and it's in an ideal location.

It's a family run place and they are obviously used to cyclists (like all hotels up there will be), no problems with keeping the bike in your room. The room I stayed in had a balcony big enough to accomodate the bike box when I was building my bike back up.

There seems to be a few hotels/apartments with limited space and you will see people building their bikes at the side of the street etc on Marmotte weekend so that was a bonus.

Website here : http://www.castillan.fr/Hotel.Alpe_Huez ... illan.html
  • It's fully booked - thanks anyway
  • bontie
    bontie Posts: 177
    I rented a 6 bed ski chalet and went self catering - awesome rides and half a mile from the finish was a good deal for me?
  • Where do you want to stay and for how long. We rented a ski apartment on the Alpe for 4 nights which easily fitted 3 + bikes. Cost about £90 / day all in. There are thousands of these available , though it takes a bit of effort to find one if you want a short stay. I could probably dig out the email of the Bourg based person who was managing several rentals if that is of interest. Rob
    Hills do make I sweat a lot
  • I found a Gites yesterday.
    Thanks to all for your input